Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Android Analytics Mobile SDK APP ID to capture in english for multi language apps

Level 3

Hi,

We have an Mobile App using Adobe Analytics SDK, where the app supports multi language. E.g. English and Japanese.

Within Adobe analytics App ID reports, we see the app ids in Japanese for the Japanese version of App. is there a way to change the APP ID captured by the Adobe SDK and capture the app id in English always ?

Thanks

Abraham 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

For the benefit of community, sharing here the answers i have received from Adobe client care on this question.

PROBLEM STATEMENT: Is there a way to change the APP ID captured by the Adobe SDK and capture the app id in English always

App Id is a combination of the app name and the bundle version that is submitted to the app store. So the App Id in the Analytics report will show the Id that was submitted from your end i.e for the Japanese version of the App since you've submitted the app name in Japanese hence, the same will show in the report.

There is no feature to change it in the reporting interface.

Additional Question asked: we would be also interested in understanding, if there is a way to override the analytics APP ID value from mobile app code or any other way?

Response from client care on the last question:

You will not be able to override the Analytics App ID with implementation or any other way.

Since App Id is a combination of the app name and the bundle version that is submitted to the app store hence to be able to see the value in English, the app name needs to be sent in English from your end.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee

Hi abrahame72445545​,

Can you confirm if you are referring to AdobeMobileSDK as Adobe Analytics SDK? If so, can you also confirm the SDK version you are using?

Regards,

Himanshu

Level 3

Thank you for looking into this Himanshu.

Yes we are using Adobe Mobile SDK for Android. Version is 4.13.5

Thanks

Abraham

Correct answer by
Level 3

For the benefit of community, sharing here the answers i have received from Adobe client care on this question.

PROBLEM STATEMENT: Is there a way to change the APP ID captured by the Adobe SDK and capture the app id in English always

App Id is a combination of the app name and the bundle version that is submitted to the app store. So the App Id in the Analytics report will show the Id that was submitted from your end i.e for the Japanese version of the App since you've submitted the app name in Japanese hence, the same will show in the report.

There is no feature to change it in the reporting interface.

Additional Question asked: we would be also interested in understanding, if there is a way to override the analytics APP ID value from mobile app code or any other way?

Response from client care on the last question:

You will not be able to override the Analytics App ID with implementation or any other way.

Since App Id is a combination of the app name and the bundle version that is submitted to the app store hence to be able to see the value in English, the app name needs to be sent in English from your end.