Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Analytics functions always returns error - AEPError

Former Community Member

Calling Analytics functions such as Analytics.getVisitorIdentifier or Analytics.getTrackingIdentifier always returns AEPError objects without any description of the error.

Is there a way to get error descriptions or something that may indicate how to get this working?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi @Deleted Account ,

AEPError is an enum and has different cases which you can refer here. You can accordingly have retry logic based on the error type. If you need more help with debugging the issue please open the ticket through customer support.

Thanks, 
Arjun

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi @Deleted Account ,

AEPError is an enum and has different cases which you can refer here. You can accordingly have retry logic based on the error type. If you need more help with debugging the issue please open the ticket through customer support.

Thanks, 
Arjun

Former Community Member

I got it, but still, the response I get is meaningless to me.

It is not giving me any indicator about how to fix the issue and get the value I need.

I am always getting ".unexpected" and the logger show this:

[AEP SDK TRACE - <EventHub>] Dispatching Event #83 -     [
  id: ********-****-****-****-************
  name: TrackingIdentifierValue
  type: com.adobe.eventType.analytics
  source: com.adobe.eventSource.responseIdentity
  data: {

}
  timestamp: 2022-02-28 17:10:11 +0000
  responseId: Optional("********-****-****-****-************")
  mask: nil
]

Employee

Hi @Deleted Account, we will need a complete verbose/trace logs to debug this. The errors in the SDK are generic to be returned by all the APIs. We have verbose logs in place which can go through to discover the issue or errors in the workflow. Can you open a ticket with customer support so we can look more into this?

Thanks,
Arjun