Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Analytics event tracking with Mobile Core API versus Analytics API

Level 5

Hi everyone!

We're putting together tracking on an app and I've seen that you need to use the trackAction and trackState methods which are part of the Mobile Core API. I've watched a couple of video tutorials and it makes sense.

So I'm wondering where 'Events handled by Analytics' using the Analytics API (detailed here https://aep-sdks.gitbook.io/docs/using-mobile-extensions/adobe-analytics/analytics-event-reference#e... comes into it? Does this need to be configured as well or is using the Mobile Core API enough?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi @philipk92120636 

Yes. Adobe analytics extension should be configured. It handles trackAction and trackState Mobile Core APIs and send pings. 

Thanks,
Praveen

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi @philipk92120636 

Yes. Adobe analytics extension should be configured. It handles trackAction and trackState Mobile Core APIs and send pings. 

Thanks,
Praveen

Level 5
We have the Adobe Analytics extension in our build, but it specifically says on that page referenced in your answer 'To track mobile app states and actions in Adobe Analytics, implement the trackAction and trackState APIs from the Mobile Core extension.' What I want to understand is whether we can just use those two methods or is there something additional required to push the information into Analytics?

Employee
Yes. Calling the two methods in Mobile Core is enough to push the information into Analytics.