Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Adobe Campaign Standard - Android - Mobile application subscribers - ECID is there but registration token is empty

Community Advisor

hi, having some issues with sending push notifications from Adobe Campaign Standard to android app subscribers, I can see that when running the app the generated ECID will be posted to our campaign instance and populate the subscriber table, but the token is missing, i would expect to see the FCM token here.
as the push notifications are not delivered when testing, is it because the token is empty?

sebastiane27965_0-1579084590174.png

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi @Sebastiane_Edberg_ ,

Could you please mark this issue as resolved if it is no longer occurring for you? If it is still an issue, please open an issue in the Adobe Campaign Standard community forum: https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/Adobe-Campaign-Standard/ct-p/adobe-campaign-standar...

The original issue was resolved by an Adobe Campaign server side fix so further related issues or questions should be directed at the above link.

Thanks,

Ryan

View solution in original post

17 Replies

Community Advisor
As a sidenote, updating this field manually in the related record with an update data activity (containing the FCM token string value) is possible to do, but the value wont show in the subscribers overview (see picture).

Employee

Hi @Sebastiane_Edberg_,

Could I get some additional information regarding your issue? Are you calling the MobileCore.setPushIdentifier API after receiving the push token from Firebase? If you are calling the API, do you happen to have a network proxy like Charles installed? I'm curious if the setPushIdentifier call is being sent correctly. If you do have access to a network proxy to monitor the network request, do you see a 200 response from the network request sent to https://dpm.demdex.net? That network request should contain the push token received from Firebase. It looks like:

https://dpm.demdex.net/id?d_mid=DEVICE_MID&d_ver=2&d_orgid=MY_ORG_ID&d_rtbd=json&d_cid=20919%MY_FIRE...

This network request is also visible in the adb / android studio console logs. A successful request to the visitor id service will show similar lines in the log:

V/AdobeExperienceSDK: IdentityHitsDatabase - VisitorID Service response was parsed successfully
D/AdobeExperienceSDK: IdentityExtension - Received ID response (mid: DEVICE_MID, blob: BLOB_VALUE, hint: 9, ttl: 604800

Please let me know if you need any assistance with getting this information.

Thanks,

Ryan Morales

Mobile Engineer

Adobe Experience Cloud

Community Advisor

Hi @Ryan_Morales , thank you for your reply, looking at the request through network proxy i can see the call to dpm.demdex.net with a correctly formed URL as per your example with the FCM token at the end, attached a picture with the JSON text as well, maybe it helps 

sebastiane27965_0-1579270421727.png

sebastiane27965_0-1579270616217.png

Employee
Thanks for the info. We have an open internal bug to track this issue and I will update here if we have any new information.

Community Advisor

Hi @Ryan_Morales , yes it was resolved by the support team after a while, i am not sure on what was done though but it was done in backend

Level 1
Hi @Ryan_Morales, we are facing the same issue as @Sebastiane_Edberg_. Do you have any information on what was done internally by the support to solve the issue? Or what was the issue? There might be some problem with the our instance configuration (Adobe Campaign v19.4 build 10552)? Any info would be helpful. Thanks!

Employee
Hi @vacosti, the fix is being deployed by the Campaign team to resolve the issue. Could you private message me your team's campaign instance so I can ask the Campaign team to take a look? Thanks!

Community Advisor

Hi @Ryan_Morales, thank you for your reply, looking through the log this is what it looks like regarding th network requests:

D/AdobeExperienceSDK: IdentityCore - Core initialization was successful

D/AdobeExperienceSDK: IdentityExtension - No Visitor IDs to generate for URL

D/AdobeExperienceSDK: CampaignExtension - Cannot set Identity properties, provided identityData is null.

D/AdobeExperienceSDK: IdentityHitsDatabase - Privacy opt-unknown: Suspend IdentityExtension database

D/AdobeExperienceSDK: IdentityHitsDatabase - Privacy opted-in: Attempting to send IdentityExtension queued hits from database

D/AdobeExperienceSDK: IdentityExtension - Ignoring ID sync because nothing new to sync after the last sync.

D/AdobeExperienceSDK: IdentityExtension - Sending request (https://dpm.demdex.net/id?d_mid=89483722216258727315736154908869499004&d_blob=j8Odv6LonN4r3an7LhD3WZ...)

D/AdobeExperienceSDK: IdentityExtension - No Visitor IDs to generate for URL

D/AdobeExperienceSDK: IdentityHitsDatabase - Privacy opted-in: Attempting to send IdentityExtension queued hits from database

D/AdobeExperienceSDK: IdentityExtension - Received ID response (mid: 89483722216258727315736154908869499004, blob: j8Odv6LonN4r3an7LhD3WZrU1bUpAkFkkiY1ncBR96t2PTI, hint: 6, ttl: 604800

D/AdobeExperienceSDK: IdentityExtension - Sending request (https://dpm.demdex.net/id?d_mid=89483722216258727315736154908869499004&d_blob=j8Odv6LonN4r3an7LhD3WZ...) D/AdobeExperienceSDK: IdentityExtension - Received ID response (mid: 89483722216258727315736154908869499004, blob: j8Odv6LonN4r3an7LhD3WZrU1bUpAkFkkiY1ncBR96t2PTI, hint: 6, ttl: 604800 

I can look at installing a network proxy to shed some light on the response of the request as well

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi @Sebastiane_Edberg_ ,

Could you please mark this issue as resolved if it is no longer occurring for you? If it is still an issue, please open an issue in the Adobe Campaign Standard community forum: https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/Adobe-Campaign-Standard/ct-p/adobe-campaign-standar...

The original issue was resolved by an Adobe Campaign server side fix so further related issues or questions should be directed at the above link.

Thanks,

Ryan

Community Advisor
Hi, need some pointers here, how can I mark it as resolved, just by tapping "correct answer" on a post in the thread?

Level 2

hi @Sebastiane_Edberg_ , @Ryan_Morales ,

We are facing the same issue right now in production environment .

Can we have an update on this ? we are stuck in production release