Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

XDM Individual Profile data through AEP Web SDK

Level 2

Hi Team,

I have a website which has been integrated with AEP Web SDK to capture user activities while user is browsing the website. This website also has a user registration process, which sends the user data to CRM system upon submission of the registration form. We get the CRM data in AEP as batch at certain timeframe and it is not real-time. To support this data load, we have defined an XDM schema of type XDM Individual Profile.

Now we want to feed the user information from the website to AEP directly. While trying to do that, what I have noticed that, in Adobe Launch, while creating a data element, I could only see the XDM schemas which are of type Experience Event. Is there any way, I can send the User information to AEP directly from Website as we do for upon user web interactions?

Thanks in advance. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @bitunsen 

Good question, to the best of my knowledge  you can’t send profile data to AEP through Web SDK currently (sadly I've no ETA on when this will be released). 

Unlike Experience Events which uses the AEP Web SDK field group (XDM Individual profile cant use the AEP Web SDK field group as its not a Experience Event Schema).

I assume that once profile attributes are supported by AEP Web SDK, that there’ll be a dedicated profile field group for Web SDK.

A potential custom workaround would be to implement a custom code action that uses JS to send data to a DCS Inlet ID directly. 

Hope This Helps!

Josh

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @bitunsen 

Good question, to the best of my knowledge  you can’t send profile data to AEP through Web SDK currently (sadly I've no ETA on when this will be released). 

Unlike Experience Events which uses the AEP Web SDK field group (XDM Individual profile cant use the AEP Web SDK field group as its not a Experience Event Schema).

I assume that once profile attributes are supported by AEP Web SDK, that there’ll be a dedicated profile field group for Web SDK.

A potential custom workaround would be to implement a custom code action that uses JS to send data to a DCS Inlet ID directly. 

Hope This Helps!

Josh

Community Advisor

Hi Josh,

For the above use case, if I send customer email (identity, not primary)  to an XDM event schema and upload customer attributes to XDM profile schema from CRM as batch file with email address as primary key, will both the profiles (website + CRM) merge automatically? Will I have to do any additional setting for this? Kindly suggest. 

Thanks

Employee Advisor

If both schemas and datasets are enabled for profile, an identity graph should be constructed for that visitor stitching the ECID (web id) and email address (since they both have email address as an identity), and the data for that user in both systems can merge in Real-time Customer Profile. (There is an exercise which demonstrates this in this tutorial: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/platform-learn/getting-started-for-data-architects-and-data-...)

Just be careful when using email address as an identity and make sure that the data sent to Platform is good. For example, if you are capturing it from a webform, users might use fake email addresses so you don't spam them (e.g. nospam@gmail.com) which could cause unintentional identity graphs and profiles to form.

Level 5

@bitunsen Hello Bitun, you can now go around this by specifying a dataset id value in the send event call. This will override the data set and will help you to ingest profile data from the website directly. Once this is in, and if identities are defined right, the data will be stitched as well.

pradeep_nextrow_0-1638810546661.png

Level 2

Thanks a lot Pradeep for your suggestion. Let me try this and revert back to you.

Thank you again.

Level 2

The answer is provided 2 years back, We would like to know if there is any update for support of Individual profiles in Web SDK.

@Joshua_Eisikovi