I've created data elements for things like my page title, URL path, campaign parameter, etc., but the appropriate values for these are not populating in my reports or debuggers. Instead, I'm getting the actual reference to the data element in my reports. Why is this happening? Am I doing something wrong? Is this a null value of some kind?
It seems as if things are set correctly in Launch as far as I can tell. Any thoughts?
OK! I learned something new today. This is not a bug after all (Thanks Ben Robison for setting me straight!)
In Launch, since any extension can expose data element types, the "Return Empty String for undefined data elements" must exist at a higher level. It exists at the Property level.
To enable it, go to the Properties page and select your property. Then click "Configure" as shown below.
This brings up the view shown below. Select the checkbox and click save. Then rebuild your library with these changes.
If this answers your question, please mark this answer as correct. Thank you!
Yep, that works. I also removed the spaces in my data element names which seemed to help as well. Definitely having growing pains with Launch. Thanks!
I think you may have uncovered a bug.
In DTM, there is a global configuration at the web property level , Return empty string for undefined Data Elements
This option does not appear to exist for Launch.
For the Launch Core > Page Info > Title data element, if a page does not have a title tag, then the data element is undefined.
In the AA extension, since the data element cannot be resolved, it just keeps the reference (%Page Name%) as you are seeing.