Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Update Analytics Extension warning with every library build

Level 9

Each time I make a small change in some rules, update my library and trigger a build for development I get the warning that the Analytics Extension needs an update and I need to confirm that I want to apply it. I did this now at least 5 times, shouldn't this be saved with the revision of the Analytics Extension?

Why do I need to "apply" these changes every time I build the library?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

OK, that sounds like our dependency checker is running amok.  I'd appreciate a private message with the URL to the property and I'll log a bug to have the team take a look.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Employee

Can you be more specific?

Are you making changes inside an actual rule? Or inside the Analytics extension configuration screen (global variables for example)?  And the warning you're asking about is when you are inside the Edit Library screen when you push the Save button?

Level 9

It doesn't actually matter, where I make a change, but when I am inside Edit Library and click the Save and build button, I get the warning:

Missing Required Extensions

The following extensions will be added because they are required by resources in this library.

And the button is called: Apply Updates and Continue

Correct answer by
Employee

OK, that sounds like our dependency checker is running amok.  I'd appreciate a private message with the URL to the property and I'll log a bug to have the team take a look.

Employee

We've identified the source of the issue and will work on the fix.

Until we can release a fix, the workaround is to determine which of your rules were saved using an old version of any extension. You can do this by eliminating them from your Library one at a time, until you are no longer prompted on save.

For each of those rules, make ANY edit the individual rule components of that rule. Changing their name will suffice. This will update them to use the latest versions of the extensions they require.

If this workaround doesn't fix the issue for you, please let us know!

Level 9

Ok, thanks for the info, but now there was also an update on Core and I would need to touch every single rule I have. Is there any known problem if I don't do it?

Employee

Chances are good that it won't be an issue, but below are links to the release notes for both Core and Analytics. If you think the updates may affect your rules, it would be worth applying the work-around to them.

Core Extension Release Notes - Launch, by Adobe

Adobe Analytics Release Notes - Launch, by Adobe