Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

TypeError: this.settings.productCollectionPath.replace is not a function at r.getProductCollectionPath

Level 2

We are trying to generate “s.products” Adobe Analytics variable using AA Product String Builder via Launch. Unfortunately I am getting below errors on console.

digitaldarpan_0-1617697035489.jpeg

I am quoting necessary information below:

1. Rule structure on launch

digitaldarpan_1-1617697069913.jpeg

2. Action configuration for AA Product String Builder.

digitaldarpan_2-1617697091406.jpeg

3. DataLayer structure

digitaldarpan_3-1617697113523.jpeg

4. ‘Product collection path’ value passed by “eComm - productString” data elememt.

digitaldarpan_4-1617697143339.jpeg

Could you please help me on this?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @digitaldarpan , 

I am the author and maintainer of the Data Layer Manager and AA Product String Builder extensions.  You are very close to seeing this configuration working.  There are just two things that I need you to verify. 

1).  Please verify that the data element that is providing "Data Layer Root" is a DLM Context Aware data element and is configured like this (note that the Data Layer Path field is left empty): 

Screen Shot 2021-04-12 at 2.27.49 PM.png

2) The Product Collection Path should be set to the string "product" as below: 

Screen Shot 2021-04-12 at 2.31.15 PM.png

Everything else about your configuration looks just fine.   Please reply to let me know if this solved your issue. 

-Stew

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Unfortunately, your setup isn't going to work.

AA Product String Builder expects your Root Data Object to look like this:

{
  products: [
    {
      id: '...',
      name: '...',
      price: ...,
      quantity: ...
    },
    {
      id: '...',
      name: '...',
      price: ...,
      quantity: ...
    },
  ]
}

In that case, the Product Collection Path would be set to the static string "products".

One quick solution is to use a Custom Code data element to nest your products array inside a key-value object, e.g.

return {
  products: _satellite.getVar("eComm - productString");
};

Then use that Custom Code data element as your Root Data Object in the AA Product String Builder, and "products" as your Product Collection Path.

Level 2
This solution is not useful since I need to trigger product view event on dataLayer push event.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @digitaldarpan , 

I am the author and maintainer of the Data Layer Manager and AA Product String Builder extensions.  You are very close to seeing this configuration working.  There are just two things that I need you to verify. 

1).  Please verify that the data element that is providing "Data Layer Root" is a DLM Context Aware data element and is configured like this (note that the Data Layer Path field is left empty): 

Screen Shot 2021-04-12 at 2.27.49 PM.png

2) The Product Collection Path should be set to the string "product" as below: 

Screen Shot 2021-04-12 at 2.31.15 PM.png

Everything else about your configuration looks just fine.   Please reply to let me know if this solved your issue. 

-Stew

Level 2

Thanks @Stewart_Schilling!
Sorry to bother you again. I have one more doubt regarding purchase variable. My purchase event looks like below:

digitaldarpan_0-1619182247213.png

How should I send this data to Adobe Analytics? How can I capture total revenue from purchase?
Do i need to pass it on product varibale(s.products = "<Category>;<Product Name>;<Quantity>;<Price>;<Events>;<eVars>";) along with other details?