Expandir la barra de logros de la comunidad.

Tutorial Discussion: Implement Adobe Experience Cloud in mobile apps

Employee Advisor

Use this thread to ask any questions related to the Implement Adobe Experience Cloud in mobile apps  tutorial on Experience League. Experts are monitoring this thread to ensure your questions are answered.

19 Respuestas

Community Advisor

Very useful! Thank you, @dwright 

Level 1

Could you pls provide equivalent android Java code for the below code.

let stateName = "luma: content: ios: us: en: home"
        var xdmData: [String: Any] = [:]
        //Page View
        xdmData["_techmarketingdemos"] = [
            "appInformation": [
                "appStateDetails": [
                    "screenType": "App",
                    "screenName": stateName,
                    "screenView": [
                        "value": 1
                    ]
                ]
            ]
        ]
        let experienceEvent = ExperienceEvent(xdm: xdmData)
        Edge.sendEvent(experienceEvent: experienceEvent)

Map<String, Object> XdmData = new HashMap<>();
??????????????
????????????
ExperienceEvent experienceEvent = new ExperienceEvent.Builder()
                .setXdmSchema(xdmData)
                .build();

Employee Advisor

Hi @kag1516 , We hope to provide more Android content in the future. I think what you are looking for can be found in the Mobile SDK documentation:

https://aep-sdks.gitbook.io/docs/getting-started/initialize-the-sdk

Map<String, Object> reviewXdmData = new HashMap<>();
reviewXdmData.put("productSku", "demo123");
reviewXdmData.put("rating", 5);
reviewXdmData.put("reviewText", "I love this demo!");
reviewXdmData.put("reviewerId", "Anonymous user");

Map<String, Object> xdmData = new HashMap<>();
xdmData.put("eventType", "MyFirstXDMExperienceEvent");
xdmData.put(_yourTenantId, reviewXdmData);

ExperienceEvent experienceEvent = new ExperienceEvent.Builder()
                .setXdmSchema(xdmData)
                .build();
Edge.sendEvent(experienceEvent, null);

Level 1

Thanks @dwright additional question- So is it correct to say to use edge n/w:---

1)Is it recommended to use Identity extension to set up custom identity in app?

2)Is it good to have lifecycle extension. ?

3) Consent extension is optional. ?

3) Profile extension is also optional. ?

Employee Advisor

Hi,

1. In addition to setting customer ids, I believe the Identity extension is also required for ECID management.

2. Yes, from what i understand most customers find the lifecycle metrics pretty fundamental to understanding how customers are use their mobile apps, so in that sense it is very good to have.

3. The consent extension is often used in conjunction with third-party Consent Management Platforms (CMPs) to support regulations like GDPR. If your mobile app doesn't have any requirements to support privacy regulations like that, then perhaps it the Consent extension is optional.

4. Profile extension is optional. No need to install it if you don't have a use case that requires it.

@cprasad @stcheng1991 do you agree?

Level 1

thanks  @dwright  @cprasad @stcheng1991

Once we defined the schema and add a custom field of userid. Do we need to mark it as primary identity? as mentioned in the https://aep-sdks.gitbook.io/docs/resources/user-guides/getting-started-with-adobe-experience-platfor... where they enabled reviewerid as primary?
And use the identitymap code to include the userid. ?

Level 1

Hi Dwright,

we're having trouble with the adobe_mc parameters in webviews to get the ECID in Android, this is an example of the parameter passed to the webview URL: 

TS%3D1660981679%7CMCMID%3D67579004973751132215752525457293482498%7CMCORGID%[...]%40AdobeOrg

where on iOS we have it decoded: 

TS=1660985964|MCMID=25673402669707913044806099111595030088|MCORGID=[...]@AdobeOrg

As far as i know the encoded parameter should work, but till now only in iOS the Api is getting the MCMID ID.

This is the only difference we have noticed  in the two systems. This two datas are taken from an eVar on the pageview beacon.

Regards

G.

Employee Advisor

Hi,

Just got back from vacation and saw your note. Please let me know if I am understanding your question correctly.

1. You went through the Web Views lesson of the tutorial in which you pass the identity values to the html page as query string parameters: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/platform-learn/implement-mobile-sdk/app-implementation/web-v...
  2. You were able to validate that things were working correctly in iOS
  3. You tried to do the same in a separate Android app (not part of the tutorial). You are not seeing the query string params with the identities being passed in your evars?

D

Level 5

Hi @dwright  , When can we expect in-app messaging to be released? I know that it is in beta but, Is there any release date?

Thanks!

Community Advisor

@dwright 

Do we need to do additional configuration for rendering images when using images in the push notifications? The images are not working for us.

I don't see any specific code to render images in the SampleApp.

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Employee Advisor

Hi @Manoj_Kumar_ ,

We will actually be launching a new version of the tutorial with a new sample app tomorrow. Would you mind trying the push notification lesson on the new tutorial?

Daniel

Community Advisor

Thanks for the update @dwright 

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Employee Advisor

Hi @Manoj_Kumar_ ,

We won't be "officially" publishing the new tutorial until next week, but if you'd like early access you can view it where we have it staged here: here https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/platform-learn/implement-mobile-sdk-new/overview.html?lang=e... 

When we "officially" publish we will replace the old tutorial at its URL.

Community Advisor

Hello @dwright 

I just looked at the new APP posted here GitHub - Adobe-Marketing-Cloud/Luma-iOS-Mobile-App: Luma demo app for Mobile SDK tutorials

I couldn't locate any code specific for Push notifications with Images (not IAMs). we are able to send text push notifications from AJO but when there is media in the notification (yellow highlighted below). it is not rendering on the push message received in the device.

Manoj_Kumar__0-1701302180108.png

I have tried adding a public URL and uploading the image to assets essential but no luck.

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Employee

The app does support images in push notifications already. Just add an image to the message, for example: https://ridmaur.github.io/tutorial/luma/images/luma-logo01.png.

See sample screenshot.

Community Advisor

Hello @ridmaur 

I tried adding an image to the message but the image is not showing in the push notification.

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Employee

Did you simply edit the message and added an image, saved the message and updated the journey?

If that does not work you might instead want to create a new version of your journey, then edit the message, add the image and publish the new version of the journey.

Also, what is the URL of the image you are trying to add to the push notification? Does it have a .jpg or .png extension?

Community Advisor

Hello @ridmaur 

I tried adding a public URL to the message but it didn't work. Then I tried uploading the image directly to the Assets library and picked it from there but no luck.

I have tried with the new version and a journey but no luck. The image extension was .png.

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Employee

I have no idea why it does not work for you. If you want, can you share the image you are trying to show in the push notification? I just want to confirm it is not the image itself causing issues.