Use this thread to ask any questions related to the Implement Adobe Experience Cloud in mobile apps tutorial on Experience League. Experts are monitoring this thread to ensure your questions are answered.
Could you pls provide equivalent android Java code for the below code.
let stateName = "luma: content: ios: us: en: home" var xdmData: [String: Any] = [:] //Page View xdmData["_techmarketingdemos"] = [ "appInformation": [ "appStateDetails": [ "screenType": "App", "screenName": stateName, "screenView": [ "value": 1 ] ] ] ] let experienceEvent = ExperienceEvent(xdm: xdmData) Edge.sendEvent(experienceEvent: experienceEvent)
Map<String, Object> XdmData = new HashMap<>(); ?????????????? ???????????? ExperienceEvent experienceEvent = new ExperienceEvent.Builder() .setXdmSchema(xdmData) .build();
Hi @kag1516 , We hope to provide more Android content in the future. I think what you are looking for can be found in the Mobile SDK documentation:
Map<String, Object> reviewXdmData = new HashMap<>(); reviewXdmData.put("productSku", "demo123"); reviewXdmData.put("rating", 5); reviewXdmData.put("reviewText", "I love this demo!"); reviewXdmData.put("reviewerId", "Anonymous user"); Map<String, Object> xdmData = new HashMap<>(); xdmData.put("eventType", "MyFirstXDMExperienceEvent"); xdmData.put(_yourTenantId, reviewXdmData); ExperienceEvent experienceEvent = new ExperienceEvent.Builder() .setXdmSchema(xdmData) .build(); Edge.sendEvent(experienceEvent, null);
Thanks @dwright additional question- So is it correct to say to use edge n/w:---
1)Is it recommended to use Identity extension to set up custom identity in app?
2)Is it good to have lifecycle extension. ?
3) Consent extension is optional. ?
3) Profile extension is also optional. ?
1. In addition to setting customer ids, I believe the Identity extension is also required for ECID management.
2. Yes, from what i understand most customers find the lifecycle metrics pretty fundamental to understanding how customers are use their mobile apps, so in that sense it is very good to have.
3. The consent extension is often used in conjunction with third-party Consent Management Platforms (CMPs) to support regulations like GDPR. If your mobile app doesn't have any requirements to support privacy regulations like that, then perhaps it the Consent extension is optional.
4. Profile extension is optional. No need to install it if you don't have a use case that requires it.
thanks @dwright @cprasad @stcheng1991
Once we defined the schema and add a custom field of userid. Do we need to mark it as primary identity? as mentioned in the https://aep-sdks.gitbook.io/docs/resources/user-guides/getting-started-with-adobe-experience-platfor... where they enabled reviewerid as primary?
And use the identitymap code to include the userid. ?