Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Track Video Events Through YouTube Embed Extension

Level 4

I'd like to track video events on a YouTube video I have embedded on our site, and I'd like to do it through the YouTube Embed extension. So far I've set up the rule event like this, and I've added the appropriate Analytics variables and beacon call:

Capture.PNG

I also appended the enablejsapi=1 param to the youtube url, but I'm still not seeing the analytics calls firing.

Would this have anything to do with the fact that the video iframe is loaded through an overlay on the page? If so, what is the solution?

Is this because I have to include a media module and custom calls in the extension, similar to the way I do it in DTM?

Please advise.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

I think the Youtube Embed extension is just a method to embed content through Youtube, not a way to measure analytics through that video. That seems counterintuitive, but that's what I got through this 33 sticks video. YouTube Embed Extension for Adobe Launch - YouTube

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 1

I think the Youtube Embed extension is just a method to embed content through Youtube, not a way to measure analytics through that video. That seems counterintuitive, but that's what I got through this 33 sticks video. YouTube Embed Extension for Adobe Launch - YouTube

Level 10
Do any of the answers below answer your initial question? If so, can you select one of them as the correct answer? If none of the answers already provided answer your question, can you provide additional information to better help the community solve your question?