Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Success Event is firing twice on rule?

Level 4

Hi,

I have a carousel that I'd like to track via the name of the carousel frame as an eVar and counters for number of clicks on them.

The data elements are straight forward in reading from digitalData. In my rule, I have eVar19 set to capture the carousel name and event12 as the counter.

If you see the below screenshot, you see event12 once for the first eVar "amazing deals" but when I click on the next carousel, event12 is shown twice? Any particular reason why event12 would fire twice on the second click.

My data elements are NOT set to storage of pageview. These have no storage.

Thanks.Capture.JPG

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

What version the the Analytics Extension do you use. There was a bug with clear variables that was only fixed in the latest version but was in the library in 2 or 3 previous versions:

What are possible reasons why ClearVariable fails?

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Employee

Hi Adilk,

I'm assuming these click actions are happening on the same page. If yes, you'd need to use 'clear variables' as part of your rule once an action has been recorded to ensure vars/events from previous call are not being carried forward.

Hope this helps.

Level 4

Hi Abhijeet,

Yes, these clicks take place on the same page. In rule actions, I do have Set Variables > Send beacon (don't track as page view ) followed by > Clear Variables. However, the event is still being carried forward.

My data element is a JS variable from digitalData and storage duration has been set to none.

What would explain this behaviour?

Thanks

Employee

Hi Adilk,

In that case, the rule and the configuration needs to be reviewed.

Please create a support ticket with Customer Care (email: customercare@adobe.com) so that the team can review it in detail and assist.

Thanks.

Correct answer by
Level 9

What version the the Analytics Extension do you use. There was a bug with clear variables that was only fixed in the latest version but was in the library in 2 or 3 previous versions:

What are possible reasons why ClearVariable fails?

Level 4

I'm currently on v1.7.4. Will upgrade the extension. Thanks.