Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Streaming data ingestion: HTTP API Streaming Connector vs. streaming ingestion with AEP Web SDK?

Level 1

For streaming data ingestion into AEP, I am trying to understand the differences (if any) between using the HTTP API Streaming Connector (without AEP Web SDK) vs. streaming ingestion with AEP Web SDK.

First, what is streaming ingestion with the AEP Web SDK officially called, is it just "Streaming ingestion" ? 

Second, is this the best streaming ingestion option? I assume this is the best option for streaming ingestion but I'm not sure if this is actually the best or if it just uses the Adobe branded SDK. I know this SDK is great for the wider experience cloud, but I'm getting at AEP streaming data ingestion specifically.

Second, how different is the HTTP API Streaming Connector (found in the sources catalog)?

I'm thinking this method just requires a lot more management, as you won't have all your data variables managed nicely like with Adobe tags, but are there any other downsides?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

The two can be considered the same for Streaming Segments. However, with the AEP SDKs, the data flow is via the AEP Edge network. This means you should use the AEP SDKs if you have the following use-cases:

1. Edge Segmentation
  2. Event Forwarding

event-forwarding

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

The two can be considered the same for Streaming Segments. However, with the AEP SDKs, the data flow is via the AEP Edge network. This means you should use the AEP SDKs if you have the following use-cases:

1. Edge Segmentation
  2. Event Forwarding

event-forwarding