Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

See logs for who created a revision of a rule, data element, extension?

Level 2

How can I see who created a revision of a rule? I don't seem to see this in the admin area logs for example. Am I missing something? 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@dillonb16317612 - Can you try using the Audit Events API to get the details?

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-platform/tags/api/endpoints/audit-events.html?lan...

Moderator Edit: You can also submit a feature request on the ideas section of this community if this solution doesn't meet your needs.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Level 7

@dillonb16317612  To view the logs for Launch you can see in 'Audit Events' under 'Monitoring' section in the Launch property itself. That tells which user made what changes in the property.

Level 2

I see this area but unfortunately it only states simply that a user has updated an item, but not what specific revision they created in doing so ex) "Jul 20, 2021, 1:39 PM {userfirst userlast} updated rule {rule name}.

Level 2

oops, accidentally marked this as correct like it is the exact answer I am looking for (unfortunately it is not), I meant to correct it as if to correct the error in communication or desire. P.S. I do appreciate the reply though.

Level 10
I've unmarked it as the correct answer per your comment.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@dillonb16317612 - Can you try using the Audit Events API to get the details?

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-platform/tags/api/endpoints/audit-events.html?lan...

Moderator Edit: You can also submit a feature request on the ideas section of this community if this solution doesn't meet your needs.

Level 2

Great idea, I'll still have to do this but highly doubt the events are as granular to state what revision of a rule someone created. Fingers crossed, will let know the outcome. 

Level 10
Do any of the answers below answer your initial question? If so, can you select one of them as the correct answer? If none of the answers already provided answer your question, can you provide additional information to better help the community solve your question?

Level 2

Apologies for delay, been tied up for awhile and backlogged follow up on this. So far none have met the need and will likely need to open a feature request. Working within a dev team and not knowing which dev commented out code and created a revision on a rule is quite important and would solve some issues. This is why we may see features rapidly going out and some other features cancelling out the prior code causing regressionary bugs -- like "who did this?" if I knew who then I can ask why? Overall this is an team communication issue but still, logs -- logs!  

Level 10

@dillonb16317612 ,

You may want to try this Chrome extension. Hover mouse cursor over the last modified date to see who modified Rule, Data Element, Extension.