Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Product String Extension

Level 1

Any thoughts on which would be a good and easy-to-use extension to utilize for setting up the product string (s.product) instead of custom coding?

Screen Shot 2022-04-21 at 11.25.53 PM.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I usually prefer to use custom code, it is faster and easier to maintain in my opinion.

If you really want to use one of the extension I would advise you to add it and make sure to check which code is being added to the launch library by loading the adobe launch library without the .min, so replace .mi.js by .js.

We have seen third party extension adding code that could have performance or security issues so we now decided not to use any third party extensions.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

I've used the AA Product String Builder  by Search Discovery with no issues. For it to be used easily, its major requirement is that you set your products in an array in the format that it requires.

Level 1

+1 to AA product string builder. You just need the datalayer in event driven format for this to work.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I usually prefer to use custom code, it is faster and easier to maintain in my opinion.

If you really want to use one of the extension I would advise you to add it and make sure to check which code is being added to the launch library by loading the adobe launch library without the .min, so replace .mi.js by .js.

We have seen third party extension adding code that could have performance or security issues so we now decided not to use any third party extensions.