Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

No Analytics hit in Adobe Experience Cloud debugger even if the pageview beacon is sent

Level 2

Hello! I'm facing an issue when trying to send pageviews in Adobe Analytics. The rule is setup like in the following screenshot:

Screenshot 2022-04-20 at 12.09.56.png
and here are the logs within the developer console:

Screenshot 2022-04-20 at 12.11.57.png

but in the Adobe Experience Cloud debugger there is no Analytics request:

Screenshot 2022-04-20 at 12.12.59.png

In the Network  tab there are only Target requests.

Can you please help me find out why this may happen?

(I'm working on a test environment with the staging code deployed and it is limited by IP so I can't share the website url)

Thanks a lot!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi all! I managed to find out why the request was not being sent. It seems that the "Experience Cloud ID Service" extension had the "Opt in?" feature set to "Yes". After I changed this to "No" I managed to send the Adobe Analytics request.

Thank you all for all your time and responses!

View solution in original post

28 Replies

Community Advisor

If you go to another website that sends hits to AA, e.g. adobe.com, do you see AA hits in your debugger?

Level 2

Yes, @yuhuisg! on other websites I can see the AA call in my debugger. 

Community Advisor

Well, that's… weird. So it's something with how your computer or network is working when you interact with your website.

To check if it is your computer: test with another computer (hopefully, you have a spare).

To check if it is your network: bring your computer to another location (e.g. home, cafe, friend's house) or connect your computer to your mobile device's hotspot and test again.

Level 2

Hi @yuhuisg!

I tried in different places (at the office, from home...) and on different devices but the result was the same.

I'll think about other options. Thank you!

Level 2
  1. 1. Did you check your "Network" tab of F12 if it is sending the call ? You can search for the call by filtering "/ss", also check preserve log activity. 
  2. Make sure your have chosen "s.t" call in your "Send Bacon" action. 

Level 2

Hi @Durga_Nandyala!

1. Yes, I checked and as I said previously no call is being made.
2. "Send Beacon" it's checked

Screenshot 2022-04-28 at 19.14.55.png

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi all! I managed to find out why the request was not being sent. It seems that the "Experience Cloud ID Service" extension had the "Opt in?" feature set to "Yes". After I changed this to "No" I managed to send the Adobe Analytics request.

Thank you all for all your time and responses!

Community Advisor

Ah yes, of course! That had happened to me before, and I totally forgot about it.