Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

No Analytics hit in Adobe Experience Cloud debugger even if the pageview beacon is sent

Level 2

Hello! I'm facing an issue when trying to send pageviews in Adobe Analytics. The rule is setup like in the following screenshot:

Screenshot 2022-04-20 at 12.09.56.png
and here are the logs within the developer console:

Screenshot 2022-04-20 at 12.11.57.png

but in the Adobe Experience Cloud debugger there is no Analytics request:

Screenshot 2022-04-20 at 12.12.59.png

In the Network  tab there are only Target requests.

Can you please help me find out why this may happen?

(I'm working on a test environment with the staging code deployed and it is limited by IP so I can't share the website url)

Thanks a lot!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi all! I managed to find out why the request was not being sent. It seems that the "Experience Cloud ID Service" extension had the "Opt in?" feature set to "Yes". After I changed this to "No" I managed to send the Adobe Analytics request.

Thank you all for all your time and responses!

View solution in original post

28 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @Marian891210 

It seems like there might be issues with Rule ordering. I can see from your logs firing page view beacon action fired first and then your dom ready rule. It should be other way round. 

For reference I've setup something similar like yours and the rule firing as expected. 

gokula_0-1650532257580.png

gokula_1-1650532355195.png

Hope this helps. 

Level 2

Thank you very much @Gokul_Agiwal! I appreciate you took some time to answer to my question.

I noticed that my Actions were set to "WAIT, THEN" but in your screenshot were set to only "THEN". I changed this by unchecking the "Wait to run next action" from the "Advanced options" section within the "Adobe Analytics - Set Variables" action.

Screenshot 2022-04-21 at 13.40.05.png

But it seems that the output is still the same, the beacon is firing first and afterwards the Dom Ready rule is firing:

Screenshot 2022-04-21 at 13.42.16.png

Do you have any other ideas of why this is not working properly? Thank you!

Community Advisor

Do you see any errors in your browser console?

Level 2

Hi, @yuhuisg!

Only one in regards to a favicon connection and two warnings:

Screenshot 2022-04-21 at 17.32.59.png

 Thank you!

Community Advisor

I think the "Wait to run next action" shouldn't be a factor in the problem.

If you use another Core event, e.g. Library Loaded or Window Loaded, do you get the same problem?

Community Advisor

Hi @Marian891210 

Yes can you try other events and checked - if the same problem occur. Agree with @yuhuisg about  "Wait to run next action" is not a problem. 

I've setup the test rule like below and can see the analytics request firing correctly in debugger also in browser's network tab. use b/ss for filter the result in network tab, 

gokula_0-1650553009414.png

Level 2

@Gokul_Agiwal I filtered the requests by "b/ss" but there are none in the Network tab:

Screenshot 2022-04-21 at 18.06.08.png

 May this be the problem? Do you have any idea of how can this be fixed?

Thank you!

Level 2

@yuhuisg I tried Library Loaded and Window Loaded but the output is the same, no pageview hit in the Adobe Experience Cloud Debugger...

Community Advisor

Hi @Marian891210 - If none of the events are working and if you can't see  analytics request in network tab then I suspect there might be issues with your Analytics extension setup. 

Can you please check the analytics extension configuration is correct? tracker globally accessible so you can able to see s object in browser console. 

Level 2

Hi, @Gokul_Agiwal!

I checked again the configuration but everything it seems to be properly set up.

Here are some screenshots from the Adobe Analytics Extension configuration:

Screenshot 2022-04-26 at 17.16.29.png

Screenshot 2022-04-26 at 17.16.39.png

Screenshot 2022-04-26 at 17.18.27.png

Screenshot 2022-04-26 at 17.18.53.png

Screenshot 2022-04-26 at 17.19.02.png

 (no custom code is added)

Screenshot 2022-04-26 at 17.19.09.png

Maybe  you can spot something that may cause this issue.

Thank you very much for your help!

Community Advisor

You didn't specify any SSL tracking server. I don't think that will break AA tracking, but that field really should be filled in, especially if your website requires secure HTTPS connections.

Check your domain periods. Is your website www.website.com or www.website.co.uk or something else? If www.website.com, then yes, it should have 2 domain periods. If it's www.website.co.uk, then it should have 3 domain periods. See https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/implementation/vars/config-vars/cookiedomainperiod...and https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/implementation/vars/config-vars/fpcookiedomainperi....

Community Advisor

Hi @Marian891210 

Rightly spotted by @yuhuisg - Looks like you missed the SSL tracking server configuration and domain periods. 

Level 2

Thank you @yuhuisg!

If the tracking server is something like xyz.tt.omtrdc.net then the SSL tracking server should be xyz.ssl.tt.omtrdc.net, is that right? Because I tested with xyz.ssl.tt.omtrdc.net and it still doesn't work.

In regards to the domains period, my website is www.website.com, so I think it's ok I set 2.

Community Advisor

Hi @Marian891210 

The tracking server value depends on if you use first party cookies or third party cookies. 

Adobe recommendation is to use first part cookies in your implementation. 

Below links will help you to setup the tracking server and its details please go through it. 

Tracking Server 

First Party cookies 

Hope this helps. 

Level 2

Hi @Gokul_Agiwal!

We are using third party cookies since the tracking server domain is ending in omtrdc.net on staging and in 207.net on production.

From AA documentation:
Your organization may already be using a 3rd party tracking server in the sc.omtrdc.net or 2o7.net domains. These were primarily used in previous versions of Adobe Analytics and are still valid.

I think I hit a dead end, no matter what SSL tracking server I'm adding, the result is the same > no hit is sent to AA.

Thank you very much for all your support!

Community Advisor

What browser are you using? Do you have any extensions that block marketing / ad tracking?

Is anyone else facing the same problem as you?

Level 2

Hi @yuhuisg!

I'm using Chrome Version 100.0.4896.127 (Official Build) (x86_64) and I have no extension that can prevent Launch from triggering, no ad blocking or tracking blocker. 

I am not aware of anyone else with the same problem.

Community Advisor

Can you share the website please?

Also, if no one else has the same problem, then… well… the problem might lie with something in your browser and/or computer. Have you tried with another browser and/or a private window?

Level 2

Hi @yuhuisg!

Unfortunately I cannot share the website because it is a staging website with limited IP access.

I tried on incognito and on Firefox without success. The curios thing is that Target is sending requests but Adobe Analytics it does not. 

Screenshot 2022-04-28 at 13.27.11.png