Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Mobile Analytics Integration launch

Level 2

Hi,

I am trying to integrate the mobile app analytics integration since I never done this before this, How can i triggered a event from app on interaction as in web we use _satellite.track("click") and along with how can i set the value in evar since in app we don't have data layer. If possible can give  me example for this .

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

@Gokul_Agiwal  Thank you,

For track state do we need to triggered from app code or analytics will fetch this value by self.  I am able to see the launches dimension available.

In launch How can we  set the contextdata variable  value  in data elements, I am using contextdata json instead of data layer for mobile. 

How can we set the value to evar or prop , In launch rule  Set Variable in Adobe Analytics is not visible for mobile implementation

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @rahulb31017943  

Ideally we called trackAction. Actions are events that occur in your application. trackAction method is used to track and measure an action. Each action has one or more corresponding metrics that are incremented each time the event occurs. 

This guide will help you to use correct method for tracking action and triggering event based on which platform you're using for your mobile app integration. 

https://aep-sdks.gitbook.io/docs/foundation-extensions/mobile-core/mobile-core-api-reference#trackac... 

https://aep-sdks.gitbook.io/docs/getting-started/initialize-the-sdk#track-user-actions-for-adobe-ana... 

Correct answer by
Level 2

@Gokul_Agiwal  Thank you,

For track state do we need to triggered from app code or analytics will fetch this value by self.  I am able to see the launches dimension available.

In launch How can we  set the contextdata variable  value  in data elements, I am using contextdata json instead of data layer for mobile. 

How can we set the value to evar or prop , In launch rule  Set Variable in Adobe Analytics is not visible for mobile implementation

Community Advisor

Hi @rahulb31017943 

Is this query resolved? If no then happy to help further

Level 1

Hi Gokul, 

We are new in using adobe launch for mobile property. Its our first implementation.

We want to capture names of trackstate and trackaction into a data element. They would get collected into a.action and pageName context data variables for trackstate/action calls from app code, but the reason why we want to use data elements is, we want to get value in below format into context data variable.

'mobileappscreen - {%%name_of_screen%%}'  

'mobileappscreen' - hardcoded value

{%%name_of_screen%%} - dynamic value pulled from data element

How do we capture these dynamic values inside a data element. I referred adobe docs wrt data elements inside mobile property, but they are pretty straight forward examples i.e. no config needed. 

Thank you in advance.