Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Migrating from DTM to Launch with Synchronous Tag

Level 1

Folks,

I am looking to migrate some DTM properties to Launch. I have used the assessment tool from Search Discovery, and my implementation looks pretty clean. My goal here is to keep the same embed code from DTM, so that I do not have to touch all of the places in my websites to update it. My question is: if I choose a Synchronous deployment, and leave the _satellite.pageBottom() in place on every page, does it work just like DTM in that case? Meaning, it is a synchronous/blocking script, and my IT does not need to touch page code?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

You'd have to have your IT team touch the page code in order to switch to an async deploy anyway.  But yes, if you link your embed code, it should work just the same.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

You'd have to have your IT team touch the page code in order to switch to an async deploy anyway.  But yes, if you link your embed code, it should work just the same.

Level 1
Thank you so much. I am considering a phased approach where we convert as is (synchronous) just to get off of DTM before July. Then revisit going async a property at a time.