Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Migrating from Adobe managed host to SFTP server host

Level 2

Hi,

For one of my properties, I  am trying to migrate from Adobe managed hosting to SFTP server hosting in Adobe Launch. I want to know will there be any impact on the data? What are the challenges involved in this?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

There shouldn't be any breakage in tracking if you migrate to your own SFTP-hosted server.

I'd say the major issues usually have to do with caching and permissions:

• Your SFTP server may specify a TTL delay that is unusually long and makes it tedious for you to test changes to your libraries.
  • A network administrator may change file paths that unknowingly break how the libraries are saved to your server.
  • A network administrator who is unaware of this SFTP host may one day revoke its permissions or, worse, shut it down.
  • etc

As you can see, most of the time, the issues will be at your client's end, not at Adobe's end.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

There shouldn't be any breakage in tracking if you migrate to your own SFTP-hosted server.

I'd say the major issues usually have to do with caching and permissions:

• Your SFTP server may specify a TTL delay that is unusually long and makes it tedious for you to test changes to your libraries.
  • A network administrator may change file paths that unknowingly break how the libraries are saved to your server.
  • A network administrator who is unaware of this SFTP host may one day revoke its permissions or, worse, shut it down.
  • etc

As you can see, most of the time, the issues will be at your client's end, not at Adobe's end.

Level 2

That was much needed information. Thank you Yuhuisg.