Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Link tracking and page views - Launch implementation on iOS app

Level 1

Good afternoon all!

I'd like to implement launch on an iOS app. Basically at this stage all I want to do is receive information about what they clicked an what page they were on! I've got to the point where the app and launch library are connected. Now I need to add rules and data elements. Key questions are:

1) What should the data element type be? Both for the page name and link tracking?

2) In setting up the rule, what should the event be fired on? - A trackstate, trackaction?!

Also, if anyone has found any documentation for setting this sort of thing up if be grand if you could share. Can't say I've found too much documentation which was been that helpful.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

@Locutus243

A trackState is basically equivalent to a s.t( ) call in the web, which indeed is a pageview.

A trackAction is again equivalent to a s.tl( ) call in the web, is it a custom link call.

For the 4.x SDK

Track App States

Track App Actions

For the AEP SDK

Adobe Analytics - Adobe Experience Platform Mobile SDKs

Regards,

Jen

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 9

If you are talking about a native app, iOS or Android, you should add the SDK for the operating system and use the API provided with it to do the tracking. I wasn't even aware that you could use Launch Scripts in an app, unless you are using PhoneGap/Cordova and have a plain webapp.

Employee

For native mobile apps, you can setup a mobile property in Launch. Mobile versions of the Core and Analytics extensions can then be used.

Level 3

That's useful to know!

What is the benefit of using Launch over the SDK? Is it as with any tag management platform that it means it's much easier for updating the core library and an configuration settings (e.g. report suite)?

And in Launch...what is the equivalent of a page view event or a click event? Or do ALL events have an action and a state?

Correct answer by
Employee

@Locutus243

A trackState is basically equivalent to a s.t( ) call in the web, which indeed is a pageview.

A trackAction is again equivalent to a s.tl( ) call in the web, is it a custom link call.

For the 4.x SDK

Track App States

Track App Actions

For the AEP SDK

Adobe Analytics - Adobe Experience Platform Mobile SDKs

Regards,

Jen