Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How can I verify if third-party tags are firing via Adobe Launch?

Level 4

I have a couple of Google Ads + Custom HTML tags that I want to fire on certain rules [page view/action taken].

How can I check if these are firing as intended?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

If console.log() is added to the Action and you can't see it in the Chrome console, then the Action may not be working.

Also note that _satellite.notify() should be replaced with one of _satellite.logger. methods that were introduced in Launch.

Another debugging approach I would recommend is to review the Network tab that shows all requests sent from the page (look for the tags you implemented in the Action block).

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 2

Hi Adil,

You can verify the intended pixels through network tab by searching the particular pixel ID or you can use chrome extensions like "Facebook Pixel Helper", "Google Tag Assistant" and "Omnibug".

Thanks,

Mohanrao

Level 4

Hi Mohanrao,

If I wanted to confirm this in console.log, is it possible?

I've created a rule where the Event is a Direct Call to load my Launch library, No conditions [so it should fire on page load] and an Action where I tried:

console.log("Console.log fired"); - It didn't show in Console

_satellite.notify("Console.log fired",1) - It didn't show in Console

This is strange because my Adobe Launch script is loading and I can see the variables being populated in Cloud Debugger.

How can I verify if an action took place within my rule?

Thanks

Correct answer by
Level 10

If console.log() is added to the Action and you can't see it in the Chrome console, then the Action may not be working.

Also note that _satellite.notify() should be replaced with one of _satellite.logger. methods that were introduced in Launch.

Another debugging approach I would recommend is to review the Network tab that shows all requests sent from the page (look for the tags you implemented in the Action block).