Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Facebook tag via Launch - firing all events despite rules not being triggered

Level 3

We're doing testing having migrated from DTM to Launch.  Most things look right but there's something odd going on with the Facebook pixel.

The tag is added via a rule, and then various events are triggered via additional rules based on either page load, or on button clicks.

In Launch, it looks like the page load events are getting triggered on every page load, even if the rules aren't firing.

These are all the rules:

2020-05-19_13-25-37.png

When the page loads, the debugging output says that the rules aren't firing (except in this instance, when order confirm fires):

2020-05-19_13-25-08.png

But the FB helper chrome extension is showing all the events firing one every page load.  Admittedly most of them have the yellow error, and it looks like the right one is showing green on the right page:

2020-05-19_13-24-53.png

... but previously (in DTM) only the relevant page event was showing in this window.

If I disable the rule in Launch then the event disappears from this list.  So it does look like the code is getting fired, even though the rule conditions are not being met.

Anyone got any suggestions of what's going on?

Thanks

Ben

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

It looks like this isn't a problem with the tag, but with the Chrome Extension.  The events are actually being fired each time. So I think it's not really a problem.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 4
Could you share how do those page load and event rules look like? I know what we did for migration is just re-coded the Facebook pixel when migrating. Are you using an extension or just use raw code?

Level 10
Do any of the answers below answer your initial question? If so, can you select one of them as the correct answer? If none of the answers already provided answer your question, can you provide additional information to better help the community solve your question?

Correct answer by
Level 3

It looks like this isn't a problem with the tag, but with the Chrome Extension.  The events are actually being fired each time. So I think it's not really a problem.