Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Experience Cloud ID Service - Wait until cookie is available

Level 1

Hello!

Is it possible to delay loading the ECID extension? 

I am reading cookies to define the "Previous Permissions?" but when it loads, the cookies aren't ready yet.

I have a CMP that is loading the cookie, but they are not ready when the function is called.

I appreciate any suggestion on how to achieve this.

hyebahi_0-1654543052432.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@hyebahi You can use Determined at runtime using function in ECID extension and populate a data element which determines when the cookies needs to be set. By doing so ECID will not drop any cookies unless the conditions in the data element are met.

Programmatically determine whether the value is true or false at runtime. If you select this option, the Select Data Element field becomes available. Select a data element that can determine whether to wait for consent. This data element resolves to a boolean value. For example, you can select a data element that provides consent determined on whether the visitor’s country is located in the EU.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-platform/tags/extensions/adobe/id-service/overvie...

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@hyebahi You can use Determined at runtime using function in ECID extension and populate a data element which determines when the cookies needs to be set. By doing so ECID will not drop any cookies unless the conditions in the data element are met.

Programmatically determine whether the value is true or false at runtime. If you select this option, the Select Data Element field becomes available. Select a data element that can determine whether to wait for consent. This data element resolves to a boolean value. For example, you can select a data element that provides consent determined on whether the visitor’s country is located in the EU.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-platform/tags/extensions/adobe/id-service/overvie...