Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Events not appearing in analytics reports

Community Advisor

Hi community people, I am struggling with an issue related to events, I have a rule triggered by a direct call that sets, amongst other things, two events in the analytics hit. These particlar events will not populate the report suite, meaning the hit is there when checking in experience cloud debugger, like this 

sebastiane27965_0-1587394066250.png

but looking at the related event in report and analytics will show no data.

The particular events are set as "numeric" and not "counter", and before I jump on changing them, can someone please clarify the difference between a numeric and counter event type and confirm if changing the event type might just fix this issue?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Counter is 1, 2, 3, ...

Numeric is 1, 2, 3.05, 4.19, ...

If those events should be incremented by 1 each time they are fired, then switch the event type to counter.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Counter is 1, 2, 3, ...

Numeric is 1, 2, 3.05, 4.19, ...

If those events should be incremented by 1 each time they are fired, then switch the event type to counter.

Community Advisor
Hi Andrey, thank you, I have another question, if the event counter is passed in s.products like this ";1025652-01;;;event26=1", will that count as valid if the event type is set to numerical? I am just trying to get my head around why some events that are set as numerical have this counter passed in s.products and seems to work fine

Level 10
Does the answer give you the info you need? If not, can you provide additional details to help the community better solve your question?

Level 10

In addition to the previous answer, we did experience an outage last week that could have been part of the hits not showing in Analytics. Do you remember which day you were testing?