Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

SOLVED

Event not showing up

Level 5

I have configured an XDM object in launch to fire on a button click (login). I can see it working in the network request. However when I query my web event dataset in AEP, these events are not present. My other XDM object for pageviews works just fine.  

dloyd_0-1646859864361.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I assume that you're sending this as a "webInteraction". Have you populated all of the required fields in that webInteraction object in the XDM Object?

To check what you're doing: in that network request, expand the "event" object in the console all the way until there's nothing left to expand. You should find a "webInteraction" object.

Alternatively, you can use the Adobe debugger browser extension, which will log the entire "event" object for you to see.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I assume that you're sending this as a "webInteraction". Have you populated all of the required fields in that webInteraction object in the XDM Object?

To check what you're doing: in that network request, expand the "event" object in the console all the way until there's nothing left to expand. You should find a "webInteraction" object.

Alternatively, you can use the Adobe debugger browser extension, which will log the entire "event" object for you to see.

Level 5

Oddly enough I was finally able to query for eventType = login and I actually found some of my events, but only 4 when I should have 20+. So maybe I didn't have the required fields before this change. How do I know which fields are required?

Here is what I got.

dloyd_0-1646916955809.png

Level 5

I was able to see in the monitoring tab my failed batches and the reason codes. Like you said @yuhuisg missing required fields/values.

dloyd_0-1646931386158.png