Highlighted

Event Enters Viewport does not work

KRAZ

08-08-2018

Hi all,

I have tried the "Enters Viewport" event in a couple of projects now and it never works for me. All of the projects are SPAs, nevertheless, I would assume that the event is bind to window scroll as well, so there should be no difference between SPAs and common websites.

Here is a screenshot of what I'm configuring. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Anyone else experiencing problems with this event type?

1544246_pastedImage_0.png

Thanks for your help!

Best,

Konstantin

Replies

Highlighted

jantzen_belliston-Adobe

Community Manager

08-08-2018

How are you determining that the rule isn't working? Are you just not seeing a beacon? Have you turned on the debugger mode and looked to see which rules are firing?

Highlighted

KRAZ

08-08-2018

Hi Jantzen.Belliston, thanks for your answer. I tried:

1. Console.log as action => no console log
  2. Send beacon as action => no beacon send (Omnibug, network traffic, and console don't show anything)
  3. Debugging mode => rule name never shows up in the console, although the Item is visible

I also double checked the css-selector and it exists on the page. Even changing the selector to something very stupid like "div" did make the difference, the rule never fired.

Highlighted

jantzen_belliston-Adobe

Community Manager

08-08-2018

Thanks for the detailed response. Is the URL publicly available by chance? It would be great if the community members could replicate the issue and troubleshoot the page directly.