Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

E/ADBMobile: AnalyticsExtension error

Level 2

Hi,

I'm trying to integrate the SDK 5 in Android and analyzing the log I found the error below

2019-02-13 14:52:59.039 22682-22739/it.test.stefanoiaboni.launchappdemo E/ADBMobile: AnalyticsExtension - Couldn't retrieve shared state for com.adobe.module.identity. Please make sure you have registered and configured the com.adobe.module.identity extension properly based on the documentation.

What could be the problem?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

If you are seeing the shared state error on first startup you can ignore that. There is no shared state to be retrieved on this first launch. We are working on updates to the verbose "warnings" to be less aggressive.

If you are looking to make sure analytics hits are being properly sent, I'd strongly encourage you to sign-up for access to Project Griffon: Project Griffon - Adobe Experience Platform Mobile SDKs

View solution in original post

16 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi @diabolik75 - Make sure you are using the installation instructions found when clicking on the package icon in the Launch environment you are working on. For more information on registering the Adobe Analytics extension see: Adobe Analytics - Adobe Experience Platform SDKs

Level 2

Hi Ivan,

I have configured the onCreate app method adding the code below getting it form the install package development by launch

@Override
protected void onCreate(Bundle savedInstanceState) {

super.onCreate(savedInstanceState);
   MobileCore.setApplication(getApplication());
   MobileCore.setLogLevel(LoggingMode.VERBOSE);
   setContentView(R.layout.activity_login);
  try {

Analytics.registerExtension();
            Identity.registerExtension();
            Lifecycle.registerExtension();
            Signal.registerExtension();
            UserProfile.registerExtension();
            MobileCore.start(new AdobeCallback () {
                @Override
                public void call(Object o) {
                    MobileCore.configureWithAppID("LAUNCH_EVIRONMENT_ID");
                }
            });

}catch(InvalidInitException e){

}

putting the correct ID for the string LAUNCH_ENVIRONMENT_ID and I'm not collecting data in Adobe Analytics.

Level 1

diabolik75​ were you able to solve this, if yes can you post that please.

Level 2

Hi diabolik75​,

Were you able to solve this issue. I am also facing the same. Please suggest.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

If you are seeing the shared state error on first startup you can ignore that. There is no shared state to be retrieved on this first launch. We are working on updates to the verbose "warnings" to be less aggressive.

If you are looking to make sure analytics hits are being properly sent, I'd strongly encourage you to sign-up for access to Project Griffon: Project Griffon - Adobe Experience Platform Mobile SDKs

Level 3

Hi Ivan,

We are in process of integrating AEP SDK with our mobile apps (both iOS and Android), followed the steps given on adobe official guidelines for the same. However, I am not able to see any data in our report suite related to either lifecycle metrics or custom data.

Can you suggest what can cause this problem?

Employee Advisor

Do you perhaps have batching turned on for the analytics extensio? Then hits would be queued on device. Would set batching to zero for initial development

Level 2

Thanks Ivan, apparently I checked offline enabled, but my report suite was not time stamped. That caused the issue. I am able to see data now .

Employee

akasha53249386​ correct, if the report suite is set to not allowed and offline enabled is set to checked. Server call get excluded from the reporting.

Level 3

I have the same issue here:

09-10 11:19:01.489  7271  7327 E AdobeExperienceSDK: AnalyticsExtension - Couldn't retrieve shared state for com.adobe.module.configuration. Please make sure you have registered and configured the com.adobe.module.configuration extension properly based on the documentation.

We double-checked everything with our Android developer - everything looks like in the docs (modules are imported, registered, configured in Launch, app is initialized via bundled file and lifecycleStart and Pause is called).

Tracking seems to work including Experience Cloud ID, but we don't know what this error message suggests.

Employee Advisor

This warning can be ignored. Sometimes you will see this on the initial startup as there is no shared state yet to retrieve. If you see that hits are being sent from device you are good to go!

Level 3

An this somehow not very obvious message when we did everything according to the docs is in the same area of being ok?

09-10 14:12:50.402  1260  1496 E AdobeExperienceSDK: EventHub(AMSEventHub) - Circular shared-state dependency between com.adobe.module.analytics and com.adobe.module.identity, you may have a live-lock.

Level 1

I have also followed all the instructions provided in the documentation but still facing this error due to which i am not even getting data into RS

Level 1

i can see the data now. Seems there was an issue with the specific report suite. The initial warnings can be ignored as mentioned above.

Level 10
Do any of the answers below answer your initial question? If so, can you select one of them as the correct answer? If none of the answers already provided answer your question, can you provide additional information to better help the community solve your question?