Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Does the warning messages on code prevent the code from running?

Level 2

Hi,

I have a third  party pixel code which when I place into the editor, shows warnings. 

Does the warnings prevent the code from running?

YKK360_0-1640036725132.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

If you have reviewed the content of the third party code and vetted that it is secure then there should be no issues.

I have seen instances where Adobe Analytics plugins through the same warnings.

I usually use Visual Studio Code when I deploy custom code. Any issues with the code should be flagged in your code editor.

Also make sure when you test your build that no errors is triggered in the developer console. 

Also place you code inside try/catch to make sure that if it fails, it does not impact your platform

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Warnings generally won't prevent your code from running. However, some causes of warnings may trip older browsers up, e.g. IE.

Your best bet is to resolve those warnings so you end up with good, clean and acceptable code.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

If you have reviewed the content of the third party code and vetted that it is secure then there should be no issues.

I have seen instances where Adobe Analytics plugins through the same warnings.

I usually use Visual Studio Code when I deploy custom code. Any issues with the code should be flagged in your code editor.

Also make sure when you test your build that no errors is triggered in the developer console. 

Also place you code inside try/catch to make sure that if it fails, it does not impact your platform