Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Cancelling Image Request

Level 1

Hi, I am doing a generic link tracking across my website and tracking it as follows on click of that link,

s.clearVars()

var linkName;

s.linkTrackVars = 'prop1,eVar1,events';

s.linkTrackEvents = 'event1';

s.events = 'event1';

linkName = "linkclick";

s.prop1 = s.eVar1 = s.pageName+":"+linkName;

When I check under the Console->Network tab, it shows the image request is getting cancelled followed by a subsequent image request firing. Although the beacon is firing, the data is not getting mapped to the eVar or the prop or the events. This in turn is resulting in report data showing up empty. Please do help!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Sharanya,

I would suggest delaying the link activation option in DTM/Launch

• in DTM enable "delay link activation"
  • In launch when you click the checkbox, a field opens where you can enter a delay of 500 milliseconds.

or use  s.forcedLinkTrackingTimeout = 500  in your s.tl() custom code.

Thanks,

Asheesh

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Sharanya,

I would suggest delaying the link activation option in DTM/Launch

• in DTM enable "delay link activation"
  • In launch when you click the checkbox, a field opens where you can enter a delay of 500 milliseconds.

or use  s.forcedLinkTrackingTimeout = 500  in your s.tl() custom code.

Thanks,

Asheesh

Level 1

Hi Asheesh,

Delaying the link activation did resolve the cancelling image request problem. Thank you! However, the data is still not getting mapped to eVar, prop or the event.

Community Advisor

If config is correct (code and report suite) and you do see the beacon in the network tab, data should start flowing soon. If you still see an issue, feel free to comment with some context e.g. code, where you setting this (DTM/launch), public url etc.