Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Can DTM Load Launch?

Level 1
Level 1

I have a feeling this has been asked before but I have not been able to find it in the community archives or documentation.

I have a situation where we are upgrading to Launch across tens of websites but several of them do not currently have development teams assigned to perform the necessary changes. As such, we have to wait for dev assignment which is not a speedy process. Meanwhile, our operations team is ready to upgrade to Launch.  This mismatch in timing has put a bind on resources and resource management.

An idea was put forward to use DTM to load Launch as a stop gap to be used only until dev can add the Launch script to the desired websites.  By doing so, the teams performing the upgrade to launch and those that are dependent on the launch upgrade do not hit a standstill.

I realize that Adobe does not support two DTM libraries or two Launch libraries, but is there a supported capability for using DTM to load Launch?  Would the risk of conflict be the same as using two DTM or Launch libraries or is the risk perhaps exacerbated or minimized due to the way each behaves?

I would love to hear if anyone has experience with this.

Thank you in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

Hi @JMK ,

You can try using the option "Use Linked DTM embed Code" as that will allow you to use DTM embed code to serve the Launch library. For more information on this feature, you can refer to the below link.

Link: https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/launch/using/reference/upgrade/link-dtm-embed-code.html

kainth_0-1594924902807.png

The way it works is that it takes the most recent changes. For example, if you are using the DTM embed code & you publish any changes in the Launch Property then the DTM embed code will start reflecting those changes on your site. Now, if again you try to publish new changes via DTM then the new changes which you made in DTM will override the changes made in Adobe Launch.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Abhinav

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 6

Hi @JMK ,

You can try using the option "Use Linked DTM embed Code" as that will allow you to use DTM embed code to serve the Launch library. For more information on this feature, you can refer to the below link.

Link: https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/launch/using/reference/upgrade/link-dtm-embed-code.html

kainth_0-1594924902807.png

The way it works is that it takes the most recent changes. For example, if you are using the DTM embed code & you publish any changes in the Launch Property then the DTM embed code will start reflecting those changes on your site. Now, if again you try to publish new changes via DTM then the new changes which you made in DTM will override the changes made in Adobe Launch.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Abhinav

Level 10
Do any of the answers below answer your initial question? If so, can you select one of them as the correct answer? If none of the answers already provided answer your question, can you provide additional information to better help the community solve your question?