Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Are there performance implications for using Library Loaded?

Level 2

Title says it all - 

I want to try and figure out how to best organize things like:

Base Tag

Event Tag (that is dependent on Base Tag)

In an async implementation.

My thought is to put all base tags in a single library loaded rule to guarantee it finishes in time for events which are closer to window load.

having the "order" option doesn't do anything, because it doesn't guarantee completion before firing the next item.  You could chain actions, but then 100% of all events would have to have a base pixel in them too, which is not scalable

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

I'm not aware of any. Library Loaded rules are just triggered when the tags/Launch library is loaded into the browser, so these should be the first rules that fire out of tags/Launch.

I'm not 100% sure if all of the actions are guaranteed to complete though before a window loaded rule fires, though. I would think they would be. I've never had to deal with that scenario, though. You might need to enable Rule component sequencing. That feature was added to give users more control of sequencing of actions within the same rule, though. Perhaps it's not needed.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

I'm not aware of any. Library Loaded rules are just triggered when the tags/Launch library is loaded into the browser, so these should be the first rules that fire out of tags/Launch.

I'm not 100% sure if all of the actions are guaranteed to complete though before a window loaded rule fires, though. I would think they would be. I've never had to deal with that scenario, though. You might need to enable Rule component sequencing. That feature was added to give users more control of sequencing of actions within the same rule, though. Perhaps it's not needed.

Level 2

Yeah we have component sequencing on - 

Good to know my idea should work (in theory)

you are correct, Launch doesn't have a way to guarantee execution order

(unless it's inside the same rule) -unfortunately that scales poorly, but it is what it is for now till it's addressed or we switch to a different tool.

The use case is a fairly standard one -

most marketing tags operate in a "base tag" + "event with base tag dependency", but it's not something Adobe does often so that makes sense if folks don't run into it often