Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Adobe Web SDK - Data Collection - To Profile Schema using Launch

Level 2

Hi Team,

Is there any way we could trigger the data to profile schema using Web SDK from Launch, we are noticing only event schemas are allowed to map to capture values. Is there any specific reason it is not allowed in UI for profile schema?

Also do we know why we need to map profile dataset while defining datastream as this doesn't allow us to capture the data into profile dataset from Adobe Launch using UI.

May be I might be wrong as well, could you please share your thoughts or articles that could help dive into this to understand better.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@satyanarayanam1 Hi, Web SDK right now does not support Profile schemas. Although this is in the road map, our product team is working on supporting profile schema for web SDK. 

Hope this answers your question

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@satyanarayanam1 Hi, Web SDK right now does not support Profile schemas. Although this is in the road map, our product team is working on supporting profile schema for web SDK. 

Hope this answers your question

Level 2

Hi @VaniBhemarasetty - would you be able to provide an update on this feature?

When configuring AEP as a service in the Datastreams UI, there is a setting to select a profile dataset:

cgullestrup_1-1681227282714.png

However the documentation is limited at the moment:

Configure a datastream

I have set up a profile dataset and I can see that data is processed - however no profiles are updated.

I have been unable to find any further documentation about the feature - would you be able to share a link to the documentation?

Thank you in advance!

Level 2

Hi @VaniBhemarasetty 

I just searched for a solution for this problem and found this entry. When checking available Schemas for the WEB SDK I can see that it is still the case, that we can't use profile schemas within websdk. When will this feature come? 

Best

Eric 

Level 1

Hello, are we still unable to send data to profile schema? The profile dataset mentioned before is unusable?

Best regards

Henrique Condotta

Level 2

@hcondotta - you can send consent data to user profile using setConsent command. However, if you have any custom designed schema payload you want to send to AEP - currently this is not feasible with Web/Mobile SDKs - you would need to use HTTP API method to ingest the data into profile.

I heard this is in Adobe teams list to provide this feature but not sure of the timelines when this can be made available OOTB.

The consent data sent through SDK shows like <ECID>.consents.XXXX making it device specific by default within the user AEP profile and this doesn't get stored in data lake - it only be available in profile store OOTB.

Community Advisor

Hello @satyanarayanam1 

You can directly push data into the Profile data set via the Datastreams in the launch.

In the Datastream option, you can add AEP as a service and select the default datasets for events and profile data.

The documentation link is here: Datastreams Overview | Adobe Experience Platform

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Level 2

@Manoj_Kumar_ as @VaniBhemarasetty  mentioned currently this doesn't support from the Launch UI - you either use HTTP API or push the data as a batch injestion.