var analytics = window.analytics = window.analytics || []; analytics.push(

{ "event": "prodView",

"product": [

{ "name": "<name>"

"sku": "<sku>"

"color": "<color>"

"brand": "<brand>"

}] });

What I'm stuck on is, how do you create the required rules in Adobe Launch for this event? do we need to use custom code?

Any feedback would be helpful.

cheers,

Winston

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Unlike Google Tag Manager, Adobe Launch (or rather, it's called AEP Tags nowadays) does not come with any pre-built event-driven data layer. The good thing is that you can choose your own. The bad thing is you can't just create an array and assume that you're done.

Besides the ACDL that @leocwlau mentioned, you can also use the Data Layer Manager by Search Discovery, Discovery Data Layer by Discovery, and even Google's own dataLayer, all via extensions. Note that Adobe won't provide any support for these (except maybe the Google dataLayer one, since Adobe Consulting built that extension), so you'll need to consult the respective vendors if you need help with them.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

It somehow depends on how do you consume this data. For me, I started using EDDL with the "Adobe Client Data Layer" extension together with the WebSDK extension, so the structure of JSON being pushed into the adobeDataLayer is exactly the XDM and using the "Data Layer Computed State" from the "Adobe Client Data Layer" extension to create data element, then using the sendEvent action from WebSDK extension.

Without those extensions, a plain JavaScript array from your code example is not sufficient for EDDL as you at least need a "getState()" function to compute the current state of the data layer, then do your own mapping of data from the computed state JSON attributes to variables of your destination tool using data element or custom code.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Unlike Google Tag Manager, Adobe Launch (or rather, it's called AEP Tags nowadays) does not come with any pre-built event-driven data layer. The good thing is that you can choose your own. The bad thing is you can't just create an array and assume that you're done.

Besides the ACDL that @leocwlau mentioned, you can also use the Data Layer Manager by Search Discovery, Discovery Data Layer by Discovery, and even Google's own dataLayer, all via extensions. Note that Adobe won't provide any support for these (except maybe the Google dataLayer one, since Adobe Consulting built that extension), so you'll need to consult the respective vendors if you need help with them.