Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Adobe Launch: Rule to Capture ID for a Clicked Checkbox

Level 4

I have a series of check boxes. See source HTML below.

When the checkbox is clicked, I want Adobe Launch to capture the "id" and push into Adobe Analytics which clicked without having to wait for a pageload.

I have configured a rule to capture "id" for element "input" on mouse click.

However, the rule captures the 1st element "input" not the "input" which was clicked.

How do you configure a rule to capture the id for a clicked checkbox?

Can this be done without custom Javascript?

<input type="checkbox" id="Return3year" name="performance_returnsThreeYears" class=" skitchen-menu-input" value="performance_returnsThreeYears" data-bind="checked: orders().indexOf(&quot;performance_returnsThreeYears&quot;) >= 0">

<input type="checkbox" id="Return5year" name="performance_returnsFiveYears" class=" skitchen-menu-input" value="performance_returnsFiveYears" data-bind="checked: orders().indexOf(&quot;performance_returnsFiveYears&quot;) >= 0">

<input type="checkbox" id="Return10year" name="performance_returnsTenYears" class=" skitchen-menu-input" value="performance_returnsTenYears" data-bind="checked: orders().indexOf(&quot;performance_returnsTenYears&quot;) >= 0">

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

I figured it out...

This will capture the current value of ID on each click...

temp1.png

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 10

Can you post a screenshot of how you've configured the rule? I'm not sure if this can be done in the interface, but it could definitely be done with some custom JavaScript.

Correct answer by
Level 4

I figured it out...

This will capture the current value of ID on each click...

temp1.png

Level 10

I'm glad you were able to figure it out. i was going to suggest looking into the "this" keyword for JavaScript/jQuery.

Level 3

How did you specify the %this.id% data element?

Level 4

No, I did not specify this %this.id% as a data element.

Thanks

Level 2

My best solution has been to create a data element with the custom code below which allows me to loop through each item with the <a> tag, find the index of the onclick, and return the text value.

It's interesting to see "this" being used - I'll have to give that a try!

var pageItemA = document.getElementsByTagName('a');
for (var pageItemAi = 0, len = pageItemA.length; pageItemAi<len; pageItemAi++) 
{ 
  (function(index) { 
    pageItemA[pageItemAi].onclick = function() {
      var pageSelectionA = document.getElementsByTagName('a')[index].textContent;
      _satellite.track("pageItemClick",{pageItem: pageSelectionA});
    } 
  }) (pageItemAi); 
}