Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Adobe Launch error - not able to find the AppMeasurement file

Level 2

HI

I configured Analytics extension within Launch and complied all the libraries and the build was also successful.

Now I am trying this implementation with a test rule created by saving a static page on my local machine and rendering the page in Chrome.

The Test rule triggers but not able to see the beacon and  debugger console shows the below error

GET file://assets.adobedtm.com/extensions/EP23d75a37c9fa4adb8bac5e****2e354a/AppMeasurement.min.js net::ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND

I have tried all the configuration but have no luck.Appricaite if some one could suggest me a way to test it.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

It seem you are trying this directly from the file system. The launch scripts tries to load the AppMeasurement and uses a protocol agnostic //assets.adobedtm.com/...

When you open your file from the file system, it will have the file:// protocol and thus it won't find the AppMeasurement.

The easiest way is to have the file you are testing on an actual web server like Apache or IIS.

If you want to test it from the file system, I suggest to enable the download as archive option in the environment. You will then get a ZIP file with the launch script and AppMeasurement which you can extract locally. But still I am not sure if it will resolve relative paths correctly if used from file system as there are some restrictions.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 9

It seem you are trying this directly from the file system. The launch scripts tries to load the AppMeasurement and uses a protocol agnostic //assets.adobedtm.com/...

When you open your file from the file system, it will have the file:// protocol and thus it won't find the AppMeasurement.

The easiest way is to have the file you are testing on an actual web server like Apache or IIS.

If you want to test it from the file system, I suggest to enable the download as archive option in the environment. You will then get a ZIP file with the launch script and AppMeasurement which you can extract locally. But still I am not sure if it will resolve relative paths correctly if used from file system as there are some restrictions.

Level 2

Thanks Thomas...I was also sensing the same after trying all the configuration options. Appreciate your assistance.

Have you tried the IIS or Apache on your local machine? I don't  have such web server on my machine but I think that might also cause the same issue.

Level 9

We host all the files on our CMS, so if we download the zip from launch and extract it to the CMS it resolves the paths correctly. With the ZIP option enabled it generates the launch script differently with relative paths to AppMeasurement.