Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Adobe Launch App Integration

Level 3

We have three apps across different websites. They are similar but not identical. Some of the components (such as header/footer etc...) are the same across all our sites.

Should we have a different Adobe Launch library for each of these apps or is best practice to use a single library where possible? 

If the latter...how do we specify which report suite the data is getting sent to?  (I can choose multiple report suites in the configuration of the extension, but wasn't sure how to specify where it goes) 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Locutus243 

In that case I would suggest to go with a separate Adobe launch property for all three websites. that means Game1 App has its own property, Game2 App has its own property and same with Game3 App. 

This gives you more granular approach specific to that apps. So if specific changes require to only one web app and not require to others that scenario you can handle easily and there won't be any conflict however in common scenario you can have the same things in all. 

By the way, when you say Adobe launch library - it's better to called as Adobe launch property and then each property has multiple libraries corresponding to each environment state in publishing workflow.

Hope this helps. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @Locutus243 

When you say three apps across different websites, does that mean three different websites? your first line confusing me so asking again. 

I do understand there is common UI library shared with all that's what you can have same header/footer parts. 

Ideally when you gonna setup Adobe Launch for your web application / website, there are 3 different environments like Development, Staging, and Production, each corresponding to different state in publishing workflow. 

So once you embed the launch reference environment with your web application then you can build the library which contains rules, data elements, extensions etc and then deployed.  

For reference: use this guide 

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-platform/tags/publish/environments/environments.h... 

Hope this helps. 

Level 3

Hiya Gokula,

Thanks for your reply.

So we have three different websites which all share the same Adobe Launch library (let's call it Gaming Web) to send our tags from the web. 

Each of the websites has it's own app. Should I be using a new single library for all three of these apps (e.g. Gaming Apps) or should each app have its own library (e.g. Game 1 App, Game 2 App).

Hope that makes sense.

Mark 

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Locutus243 

In that case I would suggest to go with a separate Adobe launch property for all three websites. that means Game1 App has its own property, Game2 App has its own property and same with Game3 App. 

This gives you more granular approach specific to that apps. So if specific changes require to only one web app and not require to others that scenario you can handle easily and there won't be any conflict however in common scenario you can have the same things in all. 

By the way, when you say Adobe launch library - it's better to called as Adobe launch property and then each property has multiple libraries corresponding to each environment state in publishing workflow.

Hope this helps.