Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Adobe Launch - Adding resources to library in launch via the reactor api is not working

Level 1

I'm in the process of writing a script that will allow the user/dev to update launch using the reactor(launch) api without having to make use of the GUI. I'm at the point where I'm setting up the functionality to add resources to a library and I'm getting an error that says, "Rule /Data Element {resource} is invalid because it needs to be revised." I've attached a screenshot. I don't understand what this means. I'm assuming it might have something to do with needing to add a specific resource revision, but that's not listed in the Reactor API documentation. Does anyone know how to overcome the error?

This is documentation I've been following:
https://developer.adobe.com/experience-platform-apis/references/reactor/#tag/Libraries/operation/add...
https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-platform/tags/api/endpoints/libraries.html?lang=e...

Screen Shot 2022-12-19 at 08.41.54.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Wow, you are going far down the road. I only use reactor API to export Launch configuration and not to maintain it, as I believe that will be LOTS of work to do.

To your question, I guess you also need to check how to manage the revision of a Launch component. As suggested by the error message and can be observed in the Launch UI, Launch components have revision and every time you make a change to a Launch component and add that into Library, you are adding a revision to the Library. Sorry that is not a solid answer but guess it is the direction you need to look at.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Though documentation may be slim on issues like this, I can often find the solution by doing the task manually in the Launch UI and watching the network calls made to "reactor.adobe.io" from the Launch client.  

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Wow, you are going far down the road. I only use reactor API to export Launch configuration and not to maintain it, as I believe that will be LOTS of work to do.

To your question, I guess you also need to check how to manage the revision of a Launch component. As suggested by the error message and can be observed in the Launch UI, Launch components have revision and every time you make a change to a Launch component and add that into Library, you are adding a revision to the Library. Sorry that is not a solid answer but guess it is the direction you need to look at.

Level 1

This response was pretty close to what my issue was. I didn't understand that I needed to revise my resources before adding them to the library and I also didn't realize that this revision took place under their update request. I figured this out some time in the past, but I just now came back to see responses to my post. Thanks for your response!