Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Adobe Call not happening

Community Advisor

Hello, 

We have configured a button that is populating via Adobe Launch for every page load rule as below:

jsvasu_2-1622819055109.png

The button is populating on all pages exactly the way we wanted it to be however there is no call happening to Adobe Analytics when we are clicking on the button. I have checked it in the Network of the developer console window, which ideally I guess it should. 

jsvasu_0-1622818813375.png

So at this node, I wanted to confirm, Do we have to do set up a "Send Beacon" here like that ?

jsvasu_1-1622819017115.png

Best

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

That's correct. You need to add Send Beacon action. Choose s.t() if it's page view, otherwise choose s.tl() for CTA interactions.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Employee

Hi @JyotiSharmaV ,

If you want to trigger an Analytics beacon when this rule fires then you need to add sendbeacon action in this rule.

Community Advisor
Thanks @HemanginiS for your response. Is this being the reason why Adobe Analytics call is not happening? Because as I mentioned this is the DOM Ready rule which is bringing a "Button" on every page load. And, in my first screenshot I showed that, under Actions in “Core-Custom Code” we just put our JS snippet to load the button but have not set the “Adobe Analytics – Send Beacon” action after that? So, should we try adding that?

Employee
Yes, if you use “Adobe Analytics – Send Beacon” action after custom code action then a server call will be triggered every time this rule executes or fires.

Correct answer by
Employee

That's correct. You need to add Send Beacon action. Choose s.t() if it's page view, otherwise choose s.tl() for CTA interactions.

Community Advisor

@HemanginiS and @irama987596 Thanks, maybe I need to be more elaborative. Even after setting the s.tl() my purpose is not getting solved.

I don’t see the Analytics call getting triggered in the developer console window when a user clicks
that Feedback Button (which means the feedback is opened) on my page.
This is how I set it up now. I guess from this setting adobe call is happening for page load, not for click on the
feedback button. Any help on that?

jsvasu_1-1622833004008.png

I want to adobe call to happen when the user will click that Feedback Button on my web page

jsvasu_2-1622833458223.png

Thanks

Employee

Are you able to see if rule is getting fired in developer console. To check that, type _satellite.setDebug(true) and see if the rule is firing or condition is passing. If not, you might need to change the event type from DOM ready to click based event.

Level 10

Hi @JyotiSharmaV ,

The rule you shared in the screenshot adds a button. You are looking for a way to send an AA beacon on button click. Add another rule with the Mouse Click event targeted to the added button, and trigger an AA beacon in the Actions.

Community Advisor

@Andrey_Osadchuk @irama987596 

The integrated button on the website actually has a configuration that says we just have to create "success events" in analytics and map them into Feedback Tool's Web Account as below. We are not supposed to build any click event rules to capture as per the button's configuration. 

Success Events Created in Analytics:

jsvasu_0-1623081364988.png

This is how they are mapped in Feedback Tool's Web account:

jsvasu_1-1623081476387.png

We are bringing this Feedback button as a page load rule via Launch so that it appears on every page. As per the tool when if a feedback button will get clicked the counter-event will automatically capture the count, and similarly when user will complete the feedback, the counter-event will capture the count. However, we are not seeing any Adobe calls"b/ss/" happening, which usually happens to get in like below:

jsvasu_2-1623081827650.png

This is something the Feedback Tool vendor has tested in their test environment and they are successfully getting the events triggered at their end for every feedback start/success. Can there be any issue with the Staging Environment where we are testing? What could be the best possible solution to it? Any suggesstions?