Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

WYSIWYG html editor glitches (Rich text)

Level 2

I am facing a issue with WYSIWYG html editor (rich text),

The HTML editor in the WYSIWYG component is acting erratic in AEM 6.3. The issue is causing html editing to render a blank input field.

Steps:

To recreate this:

1. Edit WYSIWIG

2. Fullscreen/Expand

3. Click "Source Edit"/HTML icon.

4. Click minimize.

5. HTML will not be saved

6. Click fullscreen/Expand

7. Click "Source Edit"/HTML again

8. HTML source will now be blank

9. Click fullscreen/Expand

10. "Source Edit"/HTML icon will now be gone

I have tried to configured with below link and also install the content packages which given there but still having same issue.

Can any one help for this issue.

Thanks

Abhishek

14 Replies

Level 10

Can you post a screenshot and show me what you mean by a WUSIWUG editor. Are you referring to the RTE in a Text Component for example?

Level 10

I have entered text into the RTE and done what you said - I am not seeing the Source Button disappear.

Pic46.png

Level 10

Also - to be clear - the HTML is saved when you click the checkmark button.

Pic47.png

Level 2

Hi

Thanks for reply,

Can you please follow the below steps only:

1. Edit WYSIWIG

2. Fullscreen/Expand

3. Click "Source Edit"/HTML icon.

4. type any text

5. Click minimize.

6. HTML will not be saved (when will you click the checkmark button then text will clear, it'll not save)

I'll also provide you screenshots as well after some time.

Level 10

No matter how many times that i minimize or maximize the RTE by  clicking the Toggle button - the text remains.

Pic48.png

Can you try in a fresh AEM 6.3 DEV instance. Try installing this package -- Configuring Experience Manager Rich Text Editor Plugins in a Touch UI Component Dialog

Let me know if you still get these results.

Level 10

Hi Abhishek,

I tried the below steps you have mentioned.

-> Once I expand and click Source Edit/HTML icon, and i enter text and I minimize, I see as per the below screenshot.

sourceedit1.PNG

Here, for me HTML is saving and also when I click on check-mark button, text is existing in my case. It is saving!!

I suggest you to try in fresh instance and install the package as discussed in the article and let us know: Configuring Experience Manager Rich Text Editor Plugins in a Touch UI Component Dialog

Thanks,

Ratna.

Level 2

Hi Ratna,

I have flowed the steps (given in below link)and install the package on my local,

link : Configuring Experience Manager Rich Text Editor Plugins in a Touch UI Component Dialog

but still facing issue, here I am attaching screenshot as well, I have debug the code as well I found "createNodeList, function not triggering in richtext.js file when author Click "Source Edit"/HTML icon"

May be its my local instance issue,

1. installed the given package

Screen Shot 2018-04-20 at 2.03.02 PM.png

2. author the component.

Screen Shot 2018-04-20 at 2.05.25 PM.png

3. text is not save,

Screen Shot 2018-04-20 at 2.05.37 PM.png

Thanks

Abhishek

Level 10

Try this on a fresh AEM instance. I have not seen this behaviour on my AEM instance nor other community members that have tried this such as Ratna.

Level 2

Hi,

Issue is still persist there, I had got 6.3 jar and create fresh AEM instance, but still issue there,

Please see the screenshot,

Screen Shot 2018-04-26 at 11.15.03 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-04-26 at 11.15.34 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-04-26 at 11.15.51 AM.png

To recreate this:

1. Edit TextRTE

2. Fullscreen/Expand

3. Click "Source Edit"/HTML icon and enter the text "this source edit text"

4. Click minimize.

5. HTML will not be saved

Thanks

Abhishek

Level 10

When you enter text without using HTML Source mode - it persists.

This is not a setting nor something that can be fixed. Please submit a ticket as the behavior that is shown in the video is a bug,

Level 2

Thanks for reply

Can you please give me a link/url or steps where I can create a ticket for this?

Thanks

Abhishek

Administrator

Unless you save the content, it would not get saved.

You need to click on right sign to get it saved. Also, not everything of RTE is available in in-place.

Table plugins and the source-edit feature are not available for in-place editing in the touch-enabled UI.

Doc:- Configuring the Rich Text Editor

Kautuk Sahni