Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Workflow Notification Templates for Specific Workflow EventTypes

Level 1

I would like to be able to have different, more tailored email template messaging for the workflow notifications dependent on the specific EventType that occurred. For example for WorkflowCompleted, WorkflowAborted, and NodeTransition. I have located the default template and can edit it but this is used for all event types. I have also noticed there are some Task and then Task Completed, Task Saved, etc.. email templates. I would like to do similar for standard workflows such as the request for activation template.

I am working with AEM 6.2 for this and so far have not found any documentation to assist with determining if this is at all supported with the out of box notifications.

3 Replies

Community Advisor

You can add your event topic in osgi config and create email template at /etc/notification/email/default like other eventTypes

Screen Shot 2018-05-26 at 12.02.24 AM.png

Arun Patidar

Level 1

The problem is not sending notifications for a new event Topic, it is separating the default workflow notifications by eventType. Specifically, the same email template is used for WorkflowCompleted, WorkflowAborted, and NodeTransition. I would like to give each of these their own template instead of all using the same default template.

Level 10

I do not think there is an OOTB way of doing this. To do this - you would have to look at writing event handlers that can capture these events and then write the custom logic to use a specific email template.

How to Catch and Process Workflow Events

There is an artilce here that shows you how to use Java and use an email template -- Adobe Experience Manager Help | Creating Adobe Experience Manager HTL Components that send Email mes...