Expand my Community achievements bar.

Workflow Error

Level 4

While running one workflow for one content fragment we are getting below error, which seems that fragment is locked so i have checked the status of fragment but didn't get any help. Also checked the model status which was showing fine  i.e. not locked.

17.08.2022 11:26:52.415 *ERROR* [JobHandler: /var/workflow/instances/server0/2022-08-01/vg_content_fragment_deploymentworkflow_86:/content/dam/content-fragments/caas/iot/buySellExchange/buySellExchange] com.vanguard.infra.core.workflow.ContentFragmentPreWorkflowStep Resource [/content/dam/content-fragments/caas/iot/buySellExchange/buySellExchange] is locked, Terminating workflow

Can someone help me here to understand the log and the solution of it.

5 Replies

Community Advisor

@skumari1 Can you confirm on below questions

can you check if any of the existing workflows are still running? 

And also do you see by any chance that the XF is locked by any other user?

Do you have enough permissions to run the workflow. 

Community Advisor

Can you check if this is locked ?

/content/dam/content-fragments/caas/iot/buySellExchange/buySellExchange

Are you locking  and unlocking the resource in your custom vg_content_fragment_deploymentworkflow workflow? 

Arun Patidar

Level 4

Yes Arun, the workflow itself locking the asset, but it aborted somewhere between locking and unlocking, so It left locked. The admin user has unlocked it and then issue got resolved.

Community Advisor

can you check the workflow steps. and use same user for lock and unlock in wf step otherwise it will stay locked.

Arun Patidar

Employee Advisor

Could you please brief me about following ContentFragmentPreWorkflowStep and workflow model so that I can give a try to replicate the issue.