Expand my Community achievements bar.

WKND using AEM 6.2

Level 1

New dev to AEM, jumping into the deep end for my college's little team and trying to get us to the point where we can use IntelliJ & Maven in our work.

Running an AEM 6.2 instance locally. Able to configure the Adobe's archetypes for Maven & get them recognized by IntelliJ; Import the WKND project; And confirm that changes are pushed to localhost by seeing the bundles or the wknd:{en,fr} nodes in the siteadmin.

I've then gone to open either the 'en' or 'fr' nodes under WKND, and run into an error:

"org.apache.sling.scripting.sightly.SightlyException: Cannot find a a file corresponding to class com.adobe.cq.wcm.core.components.models.Page in the repository."

I'm seeing that "com.adobe.cq.wcm.core.components.models.Page" appears to be in the 6.3 docs:

Page ("The Adobe AEM Quickstart and Web Application.")

...whereas "com.day.cq.wcm.api.Page" looks like the only Page class in 6.2's docs.

Page ("The Adobe AEM Quickstart and Web Application.")

I'm new to the jvm world. Is there a way to correct this reference so that I can get through the WKND tutorial using a 6.2 instance?

Thanks,

Dan

5 Replies

Level 10

This WKDN doc is for 6.3/6.4. There are dependencies that are not consistent with 6.2.  For 6.2 - see this article -- Adobe Experience Manager Help | Creating your first Adobe Experience Manager 6.2 Project using Adobe...

It will get you up and running with 6.2 and Maven.

Level 1

Sure, and it also says "many of the topics apply to all versions of AEM." Unfortunate to have spent time with WKND on the suggestion of that phrasing if 'many' ends up meaning nothing beyond project setup.

Thanks for the link, but I've seen that too.

Screen Shot 2018-08-13 at 3.55.15 PM.png

...It isn't so much a tutorial as an overview of the project-architecture with a bunch of "learn more here" links when it comes to the particular areas.

I've also seen:

Adobe Experience Manager Help | Creating an Adobe Experience Manager project using IntelliJ IDE

How to Develop AEM Projects using IntelliJ IDEA

Adobe Experience Manager Help | Creating custom AEM workflow steps that send email messages

...and many more.

WKND was hopeful because it looked like there was at least one start-to-finish resource whereas most of these rest are fairly piecemeal.

Level 10

You are correct - the other ones - are specific use cases - based on questions that have been raised in this community over the past 5 years. They are use case specific.

The WNDK tutorial is a getting started tutorial meant to get up and running in AEM 6.3/6.4. A draw back of that is it does not apply to AEM 5.6, 6, 6.1 or 6.2. Also - you will not find content - like creating a custom workflow step (or creating DataSource Pool, using QueryBuilder etc.) in the WNDK tutorial, 

Level 1

An "up and running"-focused resource for 6.2 would be useful. Thanks for your insights

Level 10

I will pass this to the team that put together this content.