Expand my Community achievements bar.

Wknd Maven project

Level 1

Hi Team,

I have imported a Wknd project from Github and deployed in my local. I have created a new package under core bundle just say(com.adobe.aem.guides.wknd.core.newpackage) and created a some couple of java classes . I am getting an error as "com.adobe.aem.guides.wknd.core.*.Hello cannot be resolved to a type" when I am using those java class in my component.

Do we need to configure something on pom.xml for this?

5 Replies

Level 10

This could happen due to versions mismatch. Whatever article you followed, make sure you use correct maven archetype version as mentioned in tutorial and deploy in AEM version with Service Pack as mentioned in tutorial.

Community Advisor

Could you please confirm if you bundle is active or not ?

Also which AEM version you are using and what WKND tutorial you have used. paste the link.

Level 1

Hi Prince,

Bundle is in active state and we are getting expected output from classes on other packages. Its only issue with new java package.

I'm using AEM 6.4 version with SP3 and I've deployed Wknd tutorial source code from below link.

GitHub - Adobe-Marketing-Cloud/aem-guides-wknd: Steps to create a website with Adobe Experience Mana...

Level 10

Could you explain more regarding "Its only issue with new java package."

Is this issue with your custom package that you've created and added into existing pom.xml?

Community Advisor

please check if you have declared this as <sling-model package> in your POM file.

if not please declare it. also if you have created package other than this path com.adobe.aem.guides.wknd.core.*

please include that as well. also, check if your model class or servlet is present in console/component or check in sling resource resolver.

~ Prince