Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Why AEM with Angular JS?

Level 10
Hi All,

I watched the article : Adobe Experience Manager Help | Integrating the AngularJS Framework into Adobe Experience Manager.

1. Do you have any architecture diagram to depict this integration?

2. In my understanding Angular JS has advanced HTML and JS for the advanced functionality.

So, if we want to make any restful web service call, Angular JS can do this easily, in place of AEM, because of this integration.

Is this true?

3. What are the other advantages of this integration?

Appreciate your quick support.

Thanks ,Rama Krishna. (Rama)

4 Replies

Level 10

There is nothing special about this. It uses Clientlibs like any other JS framework files - such as JQuery. An architecture diagram is not required just because the files are Ang JS files. If you want information about ClientLibs - see Using Client-Side Libraries

You can make restful calls in AEM using JS frameworks like JQuery, ANg or even Java itself using Java HTTP APIs.

Just because you can use Ang - the preferred way to write AEM components is still using HTL. Look at how the AEM Core components are written. You can write AEM sites without using Ang JS.

Level 10

Hi all,

I have a couple of observations on this article:

1. The Summary addresses JQuery, while it should be Angular JS.

1463916_pastedImage_0.png

2. Required Skills: Probably JQuery and CSS are not required for this article.

1463969_pastedImage_2.png

3. Dragging and dropping the file from file system to CRXDE did not work for me.

1463917_pastedImage_1.png

I created a file with name angular.js, copied and pasted its content from file system to this file.

4. Creating folders "src" and "install" is redundant in this case.

I agree that we followed Adobe best practice here.

Overall, I would say that it is a very useful article.

Thanks,

Rama.

Level 10

All HELPX articles are community driven, Please send me an email at scottm@adobe.com. I will roll in your comments.

Level 1

Hi Rama

Now that the AngularJS is coming to EOL in 2020. 

Have you upgraded to Angular ? And why did you not use the AEM HTL ? 

please share.

Thanks

Sanjeev