Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Where does AEM stored compiled Handlebar files

Level 3

I'm working on AEM 6.2 , having some error in handlebars file. Can anyone tell where it store compiled .hbs file like for sightly & jsp it's in data folder of FSClassLoader bundle. What's the location for Handlebar scripts ?

6 Replies

Employee

karansheel​ - This question is incomplete and doesn't provide much info about the AEM component, you facing the issue with.
While asking questions, please share the background of your problem as well, so that it can be routed to the correct team.

It's always a good idea to share as much information as possible while asking a question on forums so that others too can benefit from it.

Level 10

Are you using an OOTB AEM component or building your own that uses HandleBars?

Level 3

i'm extending OOTB AEM component of SCF framework.

Employee

Hi karansheel​ - It's still incomplete. Can you please share which component you are extending?

Level 3

Hi Rahul_Bhardwaj​,

I overlay entry_topic component. Path is '/libs/social/journal/components/hbs/entry_topic' after overlay path is '/apps/social/journal/components/hbs/entry_topic'.

Kindly let me know if any other info is required.

Thanks,

Karan

Employee

As for -

"What's the location for Handlebar scripts ?"
The location of entry_topic.hbs is "/libs/social/journal/components/hbs/entry_topic/entry_topic.hbs"

As for -

"Can anyone tell where it store compiled .hbs file like for sightly & jsp it's in data folder of FSClassLoader bundle. "

We don't store compiled hbs files. We use a handlebar scripting engine for resolving handlebars and that's an internal logic.