Expand my Community achievements bar.

What's the best way to expose and consume a content fragment

Level 2

Hi Team,

The scenario is that the content authors are going to create several content-fragments. These content-fragments will have to be then consumed by AEM and Mobile App, to apply appropriate styling to be published to the end customer.

I have gone through several documents where a content-fragment is associated with a page and then exposed as a JSON. Are there any better ways in which we can expose the content-fragment?

What's the best way to expose and consume content fragments within AEM and for an App?

7 Replies

Level 2

Hi Edubey,

Thank you for the article reference. It is helpful but they are using multiple content-fragments onto a page which is then exposed. Are there any alternative ways in which we can expose this content-fragment data?

Level 10

While waiting to Praveen to reply - i recommend that you watch this Ask the AEM COMMUNITY Experts on Content Services - AEM Content Services: What, Why, and How?

Level 2

Hi Sam,

We have multiple channels where the content has to be shared. The content which is created via the content-fragments has to be consumed by the particular channel to apply the style(CSS) to achieve the look and feel.

Level 10

Praveen answer is correct - you would use Content Services in that case.

Level 2

I ended up creating an API which exposes the content fragment based on Content Fragment name