Expand my Community achievements bar.

What is the use case for "Personalization" tab in page properties

Level 1

Hi All,

There is a "personalization" tab available in page properties. It gives option to select the contextHub configuration, brand and segment page path. What is the useCase for it? What is the purpose of adding this tab and where its usage can be found in demo sites?

Can a page, tagged with particular segment, gets resolved automatically when it is referenced in other components, for example: in a component where we link certain pages which are mapped with a particular segments and when these links gets rendered than automatically only those page links are formed which are resolved as per current user profile. Is this provided out-of-box in AEM or can be achievable only through custom code?

Regards

Mamta

2 Replies

Employee

Hi Mamta,

AFAIK, The personalization tab in page properties lets you select default brand for targeting.Context hub Path and Segments paths gets predefined with page creation.

I am not sure if I get the scenario / component functionality correctly , Can you please share more details ?

• How are you tagging a page with particular segment ?
  • Does referencing a page in a component means hyperlink to AEM page ?

Level 10

See this ContextHub article for the sample TOy Store site. It walks you through working with different users, different segments, etc:

Using the Adobe Experience Manager ContextHub to work with Personal Experiences

This was put together by some of our internal AEM trainers.