Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

What is Coming to Magento Commerce in 2021 | AEM Community Blog Seeding

Administrator

BlogImage.jpg

What is Coming to Magento Commerce in 2021 by Perficient Blogs

Abstract

As we gear up for 2021, I recently attended a Magento Product Roadmap webinar. It included a demo of the Magento 2.4.1. (2.4.1 release notes are available here). What I found exciting in the webinar was the announcement of what is coming in 2021, which includes four key areas: headless commerce, new B2B capabilities, intelligent commerce, and improvements to the cloud infrastructure.

Headless Commerce
“According to Adobe’s digital economy index, smartphones are on track to contribute more than 50% of online spend by September 2022.” In noting this, the speaker stressed the need for merchants to change their outlook on commerce and the fact that people’s primary channel is not only desktop. With Adobe’s hybrid headless commerce options, you can easily make your brand’s commerce experience what customers need. Part of this includes their continuous improvements to their PWA studio, like the recently released PWA Venia store.

The PWA Venia store provides greater support for offline mode and push notifications. It will also be faster and easier to develop and deploy PWA on the cloud. For merchants, this would mean improved website performance and an increase in conversion rates up to 50% or more. Magento is also working on the PWA UI framework which is built in a headless fashion; along with that, they are working on a standalone GraphQL server to support the user’s front-end experience. This will help create deeper integration with AEM, also improving the performance.

New and Improved B2B Features
One exciting B2B announcement was the brand new PWA for B2B reference theme that will be available in 2021. Another new enhancement will be intelligent experiences for B2B price books and customer groups. With these features and the ability to create a site that engages and drives conversions, Magento will grow and scale with you.

Read Full Blog

What is Coming to Magento Commerce in 2021

Q&A

Please use this thread to ask the related questions.

Kautuk Sahni
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

0 Replies