Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

What are the pre-requisites of adding a package on Adobe’s Package share?

Level 3

Hi

Can someone please explain that what are the basic steps or pre-requisites required to upload a package in Adobe’s Package share? (https://www.adobeaemcloud.com/content/packageshare.html)

Thanks,

Dipti

8 Replies

Level 3

Thanks for the link. Is this applicable for AEM 6.1 and 6.2 as well? Plus I was more interested in knowing that whether there any other formalities associated with package share, like - can only an Adobe partner upload the package or if Adobe validates the package before making it publicly available?

Thanks

Dipti

Administrator

diptinarang wrote...

Thanks for the link. Is this applicable for AEM 6.1 and 6.2 as well? Plus I was more interested in knowing that whether there any other formalities associated with package share, like - can only an Adobe partner upload the package or if Adobe validates the package before making it publicly available?

Thanks

Dipti

For 6.2, documentation team has provided new link:

Link:- https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-2/administer/content/package-manager.html#Package%20Share

I hope this would help you.

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Employee

Have you considered contributing to ACS Commons? 

Level 3

Nope, this is different. Primarily we need to release a package on behalf of our client.

Thanks, Dipti

Employee

Why do you need to use package share if its for a client. Why can't you just upload it to their source control management and include it as part of the code deployment? 

Doesn't seem like a use case for Package Share, unless I am missing something here. 

Level 3

I cannot enclose much details here but client want us to do on his behalf.

Thanks, Dipti

Employee

As Kaushal said, package share is not meant for this purpose and I doubt you would be able to upload packages for this purpose. Raise a daycare ticket, as access to package share is usually done through daycare.

Regards,

Opkar